• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Round of 16 Thread

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just to float it out there: France have never beaten us in a world cup finals tournament.

Played 'em twice; beaten 'em twice.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Obviously have to root for England if the other option is France.

who’s better??
France probably Mbappe is the best player in the World, and they've worked a way that the rest of the players work for him incredibly well. We are okay, but I worry about the ponderous way we transition at times, just think they'll pick us off with impunity.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Would it be crazy to say that Harry Kane is having a better WC now than when he won the Golden Boot? Thought he was very good again tonight.
No that’s definitely true. He was really quite bad in 2018, his 6 goals included 3 penalties and an accident. It was right after his first big injury that ended the period where he was probably the best striker in the world.

He’s been good this season though and carried that form into the tournament. Has gradually adapted his game to not being quick enough to spam shifting it and getting a shot off for 50 goals a season.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
France probably Mbappe is the best player in the World, and they've worked a way that the rest of the players work for him incredibly well. We are okay, but I worry about the ponderous way we transition at times, just think they'll pick us off with impunity.

Obviously I hope I'm wrong.
Yeah but you look at England's 2nd goal, that was fast and direct, which will be a worry for any opposition.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Rashford starting against France for the counter-attacking potential and pace on the break.

Last edited:

ripper868

International Coach
Coin flip it is then. Didn't see the whole game, but it's been a little refreshing to watch a match with neither side diving to the ground at the slightest hint of contact.