• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Round of 16 Thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Netherlands V USA
England V Senegal
France V Poland
Argentina V Australia
jpn v croatia
brazil v korea
morocco v spain
portugal v suisse

mods can edit with other games as we go

Last edited by a moderator:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
France v Poland
Argentina v Aus.

looks like we’ll need to bring in Charlie Yankos

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
First WC I watched was 94. As an avid Neighbours and Home and Away watcher at the time I was fond of the Aussies, this before I discovered they were a wretched bunch. Anyway I remember them being beaten by Argentina, who I already knew were no good lousy cheats, in an intercontinental qualifying play-off. So what I’m saying is, GRUDGE MATCH.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Incidentally I find it so interesting how much your perspective on Argentina changes depending on what side of the border you were born on.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Incidentally I find it so interesting how much your perspective on Argentina changes depending on what side of the border you were born on.
Ha, isn’t the reasoning the same though? Or as a mate of mine often puts it, same argument different inflection

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Australia will be nervous and probably underperform in first half

5-1 after we allow their midget a consolation goal in the 22nd minute of overtime just to get the ref to call time

Burgey

Remember that Senegal side which had a ball tearing run at the 2002 WC? FMD they were so good to watch. Scored one of the ATG WC team goals against Denmark.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Messi gonna collide with Harry Souttar now. Maybe we'll get the answer to the age old 'could he hack it against Stoke' question?

Burgey

Messi will be having nightmares about Souttar all week. He won't have slept for five days ahead of the game.

It will be the end of one of the great careers. The spirit of Charlie Yankos will get us home.

Australia 4
Argentina 1

Last edited:

Aritro

International Regular

Timestamped for those who have never seen this absolute thunderbastard of a free kick. We beat them 4-1.

flibbertyjibber

Remember that Senegal side which had a ball tearing run at the 2002 WC? FMD they were so good to watch. Scored one of the ATG WC team goals against Denmark.
Then loads got big transfers after the world cup and most were crap. Liverpool wasted money on Spit the Diouf and another one who was even worse Salif Diao?

Uppercut

I think they actually signed Diouf before the WC began. Diao was the one who scored the Denmark goal, but he was pretty rubbish in England.

Pape Bouba Diop (RIP) didn't get a big move in 2002, but he rocked up at Fulham a couple of years later and absolutely dominated, could easily have played for a Champions League team. Pretty rare for clubs to underrate a World Cup star like that, usually they get transfers to clubs way above their level.

Niall

International Coach
I think they actually signed Diouf before the WC began. Diao was the one who scored the Denmark goal, but he was pretty rubbish in England.

Pape Bouba Diop (RIP) didn't get a big move in 2002, but he rocked up at Fulham a couple of years later and absolutely dominated, could easily have played for a Champions League team. Pretty rare for clubs to underrate a World Cup star like that, usually they get transfers to clubs way above their level.
Wasn't the 2002 world cup a bit ****?

The redemption arc for Ronaldo was top but bar that not the best.

Burgey

It was probably crap for people in Europe because a lot of their heavily favoured and chronically entitled sides didn’t do very well.

But for, you know, the rest of the actual world which doesn’t think it has property rights over the sport, it was a pretty entertaining watch.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It was probably crap for people in Europe because a lot of their heavily favoured and chronically entitled sides didn’t do very well.

But for, you know, the rest of the actual world which doesn’t think it has property rights over the sport, it was a pretty entertaining watch.
Nah most people I know enjoyed it aside from the timezone, which is what it is

Definitely some questionable officiating mind you