• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Road to the 2010/11 Ashes

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I love Sid so much. You know he gets his hair cut at a barbers. Least metrosexual man in the world. A proper throwback to simpler times.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He was mentioned partly as bowling cover, iirc. I think he didn't end up bowling much because Johnson got a bit better.

By "better" I mean he hit the cut stuff btw.
Seem to remember him being pretty good at Headingley, MOTM in fact

Shame I could deliver better balls out of my arse than what he sent down the rest of the series

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Seem to remember him being pretty good at Headingley, MOTM in fact

Shame I could deliver better balls out of my arse than what he sent down the rest of the series
As I understand things, it is in no way unusual for you to have balls in close proximity to your arse.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I love Sid so much. You know he gets his hair cut at a barbers. Least metrosexual man in the world. A proper throwback to simpler times.
Except when he wears surfie douche beads around his neck.

That said, comes from a long line of champion wood-choppers. Would have been one himself if not for cricket. In fact, reckon he had a shoulder injury not too long ago caused by chopping.

Spark

Global Moderator
North was MOTM at Headingley IIRC. Not disagreeing with the rest of the post though...

Jayzamann

International Regular
I know this means little to anybody but myself, but going through the tour dates in the booklet I got with my SACA membership card for the summer, this is the first time since I've been working (mostly weekends and odd weekdays) that I'll be able to see pretty much every second of international cricket played at the Adelaide Oval, save for one or two days of the test. And this includes the tour match against the Redbacks.

So ****ing stoked.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Although the main squad hasn't been announced yet, I thought it might still be pretty interesting to talk about the performance squad which will also be in Australia while the Ashes are going on.
Quite a few players, with no prior International recognition, have had impressive seasons this year.
There's also the small matter of whether it'd be more beneficial to have Rashid in this squad, getting overs under his belt on Australian soil? Or whether he's rightfully England's #2 spinner and should be in the main squad... I guess it depends on where the performance squad is in Australia with regards to the main squad.
Does anybody know if a fixture list has yet been published?

So a rough XI IMO

Michael Carberry
Adam Lyth
Ed Joyce
James Hildreth
James Taylor
Andrew Gale
Craig Kieswetter - I wouldn't myself but reckon England will
Chris Woakes
James Harris
Chris Tremlett
Monty Panesar

That's based on Rashid being with the main squad. Tredwell can do one :p
Other names, Moeen Ali? Jimmy Adams? Dominic Cork? :ph34r: Glen Chapple? :ph34r:
Wouldn't mind seeing Alex Hales go, and I imagine Luke Wright will be floating about the setup somewhere

Last edited:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Can't imagine Joyce taking any call-up - doesn't he want to play the WC with Ireland (those damn talent-stealers)

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Although the main squad hasn't been announced yet, I thought it might still be pretty interesting to talk about the performance squad which will also be in Australia while the Ashes are going on.
Quite a few players, with no prior International recognition, have had impressive seasons this year.
There's also the small matter of whether it'd be more beneficial to have Rashid in this squad, getting overs under his belt on Australian soil? Or whether he's rightfully England's #2 spinner and should be in the main squad... I guess it depends on where the performance squad is in Australia with regards to the main squad.
Does anybody know if a fixture list has yet been published?

So a rough XI IMO

Michael Carberry
Adam Lyth
Ed Joyce
James Hildreth
James Taylor
Andrew Gale
Craig Kieswetter - I wouldn't myself but reckon England will
Chris Woakes
James Harris
Chris Tremlett
Monty Panesar

That's based on Rashid being with the main squad. Tredwell can do one :p
Other names, Moeen Ali? Jimmy Adams? Dominic Cork? :ph34r: Glen Chapple? :ph34r:
Wouldn't mind seeing Alex Hales go, and I imagine Luke Wright will be floating about the setup somewhere
England aren't averse to going for one-season wonders in these things, so I wouldn't be shocked to see Hussein or Stokes going. I think, and hope, Tremlett will make the Ashes squad, so don't be surprised to see Bresnan in here. Buck an outside chance perhap?

Would like to see them take Buttler, he's really got a talent in the one-day stuff

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Should be able to find a spot for Tom Smith, especially in the OD games.

They should take a pretty extensive performance squad if they can tbh