• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Slightly disappointed with the Royal Rumble PPV as a whole. Ziggler/Punk was going well until the ending, the Rumble match was good but was far from one of the best. The cage match I thought was really good for the time it got. The rest of the show was forgettable.

On RAW, Now then. I've been one of the folks who did not want to see another Trips/Taker match but I have to admit that I'm very intrigued with what went down last night. First of all, I loved the mirror of what happened last year with HHH coming back to interrupt Taker. This time we got Taker interrupting HHH but why? Since it's starting so early I think this is going to be A LOT better than last year and we'll actually get a storyline between the 2 instead of selling the match on their name value alone. I loved HHH patting him on the back, almost as if he was sorry for him and pretty much telling him no to the Mania match while Taker got pissed. I'm interested to see how they're going to go about it from here. Is Taker going to pursue the match? Maybe HHH will only accept it if he gets Taker's career on the line. Maybe that's where they're going, I don't know but as a person who absolutely did not want to see HHH/Taker III, the way that it has started and the fact that it has started to early has me very intrigued.

The Road to Wrestlemania has finally started (thank ****) and I'm excited for next week's show. Great Raw, the hype is finally here. It really feels like the RTWM has started now that we have some big time stars back and I'm excited. I feel Jericho/Punk has started a bit meh but obviously we're due an explanation next week. At least Jericho is actually doing something now and Jericho/Punk is good with me.

Roll on next week!

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Punk/Jericho and the main event were good but that's about it. Pales in comparison to last week's RAW

cover drive man

International Captain
Kane really pissing me off now. Hasnt been a monster ever since his unmasking.
Wtf? He set JR on fire about two weeks after he unmasked (then again, I suppose me being about ten years old at the time helped convince me)

As for now though, yeah, at times he's touching on cringeworthy 'I thought I was sick, but stealing your best friend's girlfriend, you've sunk to depths I've never imagined' he then goes on to push a wheelchair-bound man off the stage (good angle, but a bit contradictory to his previous line) If Kane's supposed to be so evil, I doubt he couldn't imagine anything worse than cheating on his girlfriend. Maybe it was best when Kane said nothing at all, certainly added to mystery but probably a bit backward looking now. Even I can't remember that far back.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha, is there any way pushing a wheelchair ridden guy off the edge of a 10ft (or however tall it is) stage that can't be construed as monstrous?

cover drive man

International Captain
Haha, is there any way pushing a wheelchair ridden guy off the edge of a 10ft (or however tall it is) stage that can't be construed as monstrous?
Think you've missed the point. Of course it's monstrous, but it doesn't make sense with him saying he could never imagine cheating with his friend's girlfriend. Of the two, I think most would agree the first is considerably worse.

Last edited:

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Really liked the show. Triple H/Taker was amazing, and I seriously wasn't expecting a Cell match. But I love it. This is probably the biggest Cell match since Taker/Batista, hell, maybe even HHH/FOLEY. Whatever limitations either guy has won't matter, they're gonna go balls to the wall in that match. Cena at the beginning was great, his promo near the end was a mixed bag. That was probably the best delivery Cena's had in AGES, and I don't blame anyone for buying what he said, but I just cannot get behind this whole "I'm here, you're not" bull****. It makes him sound like a butthurt smark instead of someone who's supposed to be Rock's equal come Mania. But another positive is that it should get Rock to come out swinging next week and I can't wait. Punk/Jericho's set, D-Bry/Sheamus is set with both guys picking up convincing victories, and we're likely getting a big tag match. I'm really not too fond of that, but depending on the names that'll be in the match, it may end up being pretty good. Raw needed a knock-out show tonight and I'd say they delivered. The only real downer was a potential injury to Barrett and I really hope he's not hurt too bad. He's really worked hard and they've done well building him back up and it would suck if he was unable to show his stuff on the biggest show of the year.

Guys, if you knew a year ago that the WrestleMania card would be as followed...

WHAT THE HELL would your reaction be like? ****ing crazy. It's a dream card, and these are only 4 matches.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Should be the best Mania in absolutely ages really. So far there isn't a single match I'm not really interested in seeing. Despite not having a lot of enthusiasm for Taker/HHH initially, I'm coming round to it big time, and the Cell swerve should really breath new life into it, should be a crazy match. Makes me think that Cena/Rock and Taker/HHH will totally overshadow pretty much everything else on the card though. Jericho vs Punk would be enough to headline Mania normally if it was built well, but it kind of pales in comparison to the rest of the card. Nice that the E has put faith in Punk and Bryan to carry the two world titles into the biggest event of the year, but then again, the rest of the card could be **** and this would still draw big given the two huge matches.

Majin

International Debutant
Yeah christ this Mania is looking awesome. Missed Raw last night but I did manage to catch Elimination Chamber and I have to say I thoroughly enjoyed it for the most part. I just wish, wish they had let Santino win that chamber. I don't care how spooty it would have been, I don't care if they'd have had Bryan absolutely dismantle him on Raw/Smackdown in a rematch and win it straight back, I just wish they'd done it. I was so into it, right there with the crowd. Imagine how nuts the place would have gone if he'd done it, haha oh man. I actually enjoyed the smackdown EC more than the raw one which is strange cause I thought originally it'd be the other way round, but it was brutal man. Big Show breaking into Bryans pod was hilarious and then when he smashed him through it, god damn that was awesome. Santino got his ass kicked by everyone as well it was nasty, especially Wade Barrett. Still, he came so close...if only. If only. Would have been the best title win ever and I don't care what anyone tries to tell me.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wrestlemania looks totally underwhelming

Triple H to end the streak - :puke:

Great White to beat Daniel Bryan - who cares

Jericho bores the **** outta me

The rest is in a similar vein

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
This week's RAW was mixed bag

Thoughts on Punk/Jericho :
They did what HHH/HBK did 2 weeks ago and that's get people into their feud match when a lot of people weren't digging it. That's what a promo is supposed to be, not my guy owned your guy therefore he's better. They sold the feud and brought heat into an otherwise cold program. Job done.

Thoughts on Rock/Cena :
Where was the response from The Rock? I sure as hell didn't see one. He touched on a few things but nowhere near in enough depth as he needed to. Cena legit called him out last week and instead of replying he talked about Twitter for most of the time. Whether that's all he's got, which I doubt because of that scathing Youtube promo, or whether he's holding back because they've still got another 5 weeks to go, I'm really not sure. I'm hoping it's the former because Cena is 2-0 right now.

The whole thing just felt weird to me and if I'm being honest, a little uncomfortable too. I really don't know if I like all these shoot style pot shots they're taking at each other. It feels a little too real and it's the same problem I had with Punk/HHH last year. While it's awesome as a smart fan to hear all this stuff, as just a regular WWE fan, I don't think I like it all that much tbh. Cena completely buried The ****ing Rock of all people last night. He did. It was strange. Either Rock needs to start taking on some more serious ass movie roles or he was legit pissed off by what Cena said. Both of their tones change when they start the personal insults which indicates to me some deal of legitimacy. Neither of them are that good at acting lol. I really don't know what to make of it all really. I'm very curious as to what goes down next week. What else are they going to say to each other? Rock seriously needs to do what his t-shirt says and bring it next week. He absolutely HAS to walk away the victor in their next exchange. He has to.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, feel Rock definitely came off worse last week. I get what you mean about this becoming somewhat uncomfortable though. There's something about all of this that whilst great, just doesn't feel quite right. Hope they can step it up a gear next week with whatever happens, because I'm struggling to get into it at the moment.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The Rock doesnt need to put over Cena and Cena doesn't need to do anything for the Rock. Nothing wrong with this type of matchup, although does it make the Rock coming back seem less significant or more so as the atmosphere here would be off the charts.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Cena owned him again though. Cena's promos have been off the charts. Hyped for Mania. At least three matches that I'm expecting to go down as ATGs.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Apparently CM Punk dropped an F Bomb on RAW last night? Can anyone confirm?

Sounds like his interaction with Jericho via the satellite link up was pretty awesome in any case. Jericho is such a gun.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
The sound was cut but I think he said "piece of ****" and "bull****". It is rare that there are four main events where I really want to see what will happen but this is the case this year.