• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, I've not seen it, but it sounded really good. Really emotive and so on.

Shouldn't be surprised I guess, the guy's capable of dragging even the crappest feud into something decent, so when he's paired up with a guy like Punk who's also incredibly good the result is always likely to be something really enjoyable.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I wouldn't mind seeing A-Train come back.
Meh, not very excited about it to be honest. Was never much of a fan in his runs as either Albert or A-Train. Not bad in the ring for a big guy, but his character always sucked. Would rather they gave this push to a new up and comer.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Pretty mundane/poor last RAW before WM I think. Best thing about it was Booker T making the save for Teddy Long and joining his WM team, enjoyed that a lot.

I've got to say though, sadly I don't think the Cena/Rock feud has been built very well. Was far more excited about the way they built up WM last year, and Rock wasn't even in the match ffs. For the last few weeks all we have seen is Rock and Cena insulting each other again and again, and whilst these two are pretty much the best mic workers going, there's only so many times I can sit through this before the novelty wears off. Surely they could have had Rock interfere in a couple of Cena's matches or at least some physical confrontations where they hit finishers on each other etc... Just feel the whole thing has gone a bit flat.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Also, the fact that Jericho has only been appearing on the last few RAWs through a satellite link up (don't get me wrong, his promos have been great as usual) means that you don't really get any feeling for the animosity between him and Punk, and the build up to this feud has also suffered as a result I think.

Lack of Taker/DX on RAW this week was also pretty strange. Thought they'd be absolutely pushing everything as hard as they could given that WM is 5 days away.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
Pretty mundane/poor last RAW before WM I think. Best thing about it was Booker T making the save for Teddy Long and joining his WM team, enjoyed that a lot.

I've got to say though, sadly I don't think the Cena/Rock feud has been built very well. Was far more excited about the way they built up WM last year, and Rock wasn't even in the match ffs. For the last few weeks all we have seen is Rock and Cena insulting each other again and again, and whilst these two are pretty much the best mic workers going, there's only so many times I can sit through this before the novelty wears off. Surely they could have had Rock interfere in a couple of Cena's matches or at least some physical confrontations where they hit finishers on each other etc... Just feel the whole thing has gone a bit flat.
Agree. I think creative really dropped the ball on the Rock/Cena after EC too because they kept doing the same **** over and over again. Like they didn't know what else to do. Rock and Cena talk about how much they don't like each other a lot, so why aren't they trying to beat the hell out of each other instead of talking and singing and rapping and ****? You can still do all the promos and stuff, just mix it up with some actual, y'know, fighting.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, (this might not be a very fair comparison, as it was one of the best built feuds ever imo) but they should have built it in a similar way to Rock vs Austin at WM17. Few promos, a few happenstance in ring confrontations which create further simmering intentions. A few run ins. Mix it up a bit in any case.

It's like you say, what we've seen for the last few weeks is basically the same promo again and again but modified slightly. It begins with one of them making a few wisecracks and jokes about the other. Then the other one comes out, responds with a few wisecracks and jokes. We continue with this lighthearted comedy exchange until one of them goes too far and hits a nerve, then they get all serious and say how much they loathe each other and how they will be the one leaving WM the winner. Big waste of the two talents imo.

It's a shame, because Rock is a precious commodity to the E, and so for them to use him up in this way and wear his novelty away means that, for me at least, I'd be more excited about this match if he had actually been on RAW less over the last few weeks.

Having said all that, I'm sure the match/moment/spectacle at WM will be all kinds of kick ass, but it's just a shame it wasn't built better so that I could really really get into it as a mark. Maybe we're just spoilt as fans these days, I dunno.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
It was a testament to how awesome The Rock vs. Austin WM 17 feud was that it could have been ruined by them having a whole thing regarding Austin cracking it at Debra being hit etc. Was such lame writing yet the sheer awesomeness of The Rock and Austin made sure it didn't spoil the build up.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Taking Burgeinho to see the WWE in Sydney in August.

Should I be excited, and if so, who are the guns to look out for?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Meh, not very excited about it to be honest. Was never much of a fan in his runs as either Albert or A-Train. Not bad in the ring for a big guy, but his character always sucked. Would rather they gave this push to a new up and comer.
He's been awesome in Japan apparently so I've got an open mind about this

Taking Burgeinho to see the WWE in Sydney in August.

Should I be excited, and if so, who are the guns to look out for?
John Cena, Randy Orton, Rey Mysterio if he's about, CM Punk - that's who will have the kids cheering. He'll have a great time anyway - the house shows are fantastic and you'll probably find yourself getting involved in the banter.

ANyway, the main point I wanted to make in here was to commend Cena. I've always been a fan as you all probably know but his promo work over the past 4-5 weeks has been out of this world. He will never get the credit he deserves for it because he's Cena, but whilst Rocky has been entertaining Cena has really sold the importance of the match for him and the raw emotion it makes him feel.

It's funny to see Wm17 mentioned because I actually think Cena has taken a similar stance to Austin before that; I have to beat you Rock, I simply have to. And Rock taking a similar stance to his own as well, i.e. I may have other options but I want to be the best and to be the best means everything. I couldn't have been happier with their promo work on Raw this week tbh.

Bring on Sunday.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Will be a shame if Jericho/Punk opens the show I think.

Would have the card in this order if I was booking it:

Cody vs Show.

Bryan vs Sheamus.

Orton vs Kane.

Team Teddy vs Team Johnny.

Jericho vs Punk.

HHH vs Taker.

Divas Match.

Rock vs Cena.

Would have probably opened with the tag team match as I think a show like this should always be opened with something fast paced and exciting to get the crowd fired up, but given the fact that there isn't another match on the card which isn't a straight 1 v 1 (apart from the Divas match) I think it should go somewhere in the middle to vary the card a bit. Show ought to do a solid job opening though, his match with Cena at WMXX was perfectly serviceable.

Hope the lessons have been learned from WMX8 though (i.e. from Rock vs Hogan), really need to put Cena vs Rock on as the ME.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Feel a bit gutted for Orton tbh, definitely been shunted into this year's "we haven't got anything for you this year" feud/match. Guess it's pretty inevitable that someone gets it though, happens nearly every year.