• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
The problem is technique, possibly caused by a lot of short form cricket. Without good techniques they cannot play swing bowling.
People say this all the time, but without giving technical examples of where the shortfallings in the various techniques are, I don't get it. Yeah, not everyone bats like Dravid/Clarke. That doesn't mean they have poor technique.

For me, you just can't go to South Africa and try to deadbat this attack. The focus has to be on scoring runs. As soon as Pakistan started blocking everything I knew they were buggered because Steyn and Philander just don't give you free runs. They enjoy it when batsmen start defending. And with two excellent bowlers in their own right to back them up there's just no point in patience as a batsman. You've got to play them with a mindset to score as many as possible before they get you.

Last edited:

NasserFan207

That was a terribad decision to overturn. He might've nicked it tbh but theres just no consistency there.

Obvious hometown bias I'm afraid, and not the first time we've seen that happen with DRS.

Last edited:

Faisal1985

Hahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!

DRS fan boys, where are you????:cool:
I don't think their was an edge on it...after they showed the close ups it was more like an illusion as the ball hit the pad the bat came across never touched the ball.....hence hotspot did not show anything on the bat. There was no evidence to overturn the on field decision..Steve Davis made a huge error imo

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I don't think their was an edge on it...after they showed the close ups it was more like an illusion as the ball hit the pad the bat came across never touched the ball.....hence hotspot did not show anything on the bat. There was no evidence to overturn the on field decision..Steve Davis made a huge error imo
Not surprised. He is blind as a bat.

Kirkut

International Regular
That was a terribad decision to overturn. He might've nicked it tbh but theres just no consistency there.

Obvious hometown bias I'm afraid, and not the first time we've seen that happen with DRS.
Which is THE reason why BCCI is opposing DRS. Got it?

Faisal1985

Simply put it was some sick bowling from Steyn and co....Pak or any other better batting side would have struggled...

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
AB is so lucky, that was plum. Hotspot is putting a down on this whole test. Where is that snicko thing? Why don't they use those two in unison?

South africa should declare after lunch tomorrow, we needed some batting practice though.

jan

State Vice-Captain
Delighted by today's play for two reasons. The first one being Steyn and the other one the fact I found a proper HD on-line stream...which almost brought tears to my low resolution damaged eyes :)

NasserFan207

After this series:
Should AB De Villiers continue on as WK-Batsman?
There is really no need for him to take that role, but I guess he will. SA have plenty of good keeper-batsmen who should at least play instead of Elgar. They could even give de Kock a go. There is no reason why AB has to take that role with Elgar in the side

Sarun

U19 Debutant
Does Dean Elgar brings more in as a batsman than De Kock as a wicketkeeper and batsman?

I suppose as with Sangakara, AB De Villiers would be better (seems like so, so far) as purely a batsman.

Bouncer

State Regular
i doubt Umar Akmal would have done much here either :p
He might have failed too - but giving him chances to grow as batsman and gain confidence on those easy tracks of UAE/SL/ZIM/BD/INDIA/PAK/WI would have been one great thing for Pak middle order but Misbah's desi insecurities would rather give those chances to YK and Asad and result is the first series outside UAE/SL/ZIM/BD/INDIA/PAK/WI conditions and here we are. This is something I have been worried about ever since Misbah got captaincy.