• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
That's because most of these batsmen have not played outside of the subcontinent in the last few years.. That's why they have decent averages
Pakistan getting bundled out like this on overseas tours is nothing new...

3rd Test: South Africa v Pakistan at Port Elizabeth, Mar 6-10, 1998 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

1st Test: England v Pakistan at Lord's, May 17-20, 2001 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

1st Test: Australia v Pakistan at Perth, Dec 16-19, 2004 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

3rd Test: South Africa v Pakistan at Cape Town, Jan 26-28, 2007 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

The Pakistan fans know this.

The non Pakistan fans who are more used to their own teams standards get surprised when we get upset with getting the opposition bowled out for 253.
Yes Pakistan were bowled out for 80,72 and 74 in seperate tests on their last tour to England. They won the other game.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
South African pace attack has always been potent. But the rate at which they are dismissing test teams for embarrassing totals is unprecedented (isn't it?). Should this be regarded the best pace attack ever that they put together? Or is it a reflection of batting standards?

Kirkut

International Regular
South African pace attack has always been potent. But the rate at which they are dismissing test teams for embarrassing totals is unprecedented (isn't it?). Should this be regarded the best pace attack ever that they put together? Or is it a reflection of batting standards?
Batting in cricket has reached an abysmal low now.

Text cricket is now occupied by school boys, you don't get to see quality contests such as Donald vs Waugh or Tendulkar vs Mcgrath now.

centurymaker

Cricketer Of The Year
Overall Standard has declined quite a bit in both batting and bowling in Test Cricket.

I'm of the opinion that Tests should be reduced to 4 days.

Last edited:

Mike5181

International Captain
Overall Standard has declined quite a bit in both batting and bowling in Test Cricket.

Which teams are better now than they were ten years ago? Can't be many. Possibly South Africa and England?

Kirkut

International Regular

I personally believe that Tests needs the passion element desperately. And that can only depend on the player's attitude. When that passion element comes in, this game becomes a war and that's exactly what turns me on!

There have been recent instances such as Tendulkar vs Steyn at Cape Town 2010, or Ponting vs Ishant Sharma at Perth 2008 in which neither the batsman nor the bowler gave an inch to each other.

L Trumper

State Regular
In 2010 summer, Eng bowled Pak out less than 100 on four occasions. Yet Pakistan won a game in the series. May be they can do the same here.

Kirkut

International Regular
Sanket: "Australia: 47, New Zealand: 45, Pakistan: 49... India are in line next to get shot out for either 43 or 51... :-)"

Mahesh Gupta: "SL already allout for 43 in paarl in ODI. So, India either 41 or 51."

Cricinfo is a weird place.

Briony

International Debutant
Batting in cricket has reached an abysmal low now.

Text cricket is now occupied by school boys, you don't get to see quality contests such as Donald vs Waugh or Tendulkar vs Mcgrath now.
The problem is technique, possibly caused by a lot of short form cricket. Without good techniques they cannot play swing bowling.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
In 2010 summer, Eng bowled Pak out less than 100 on four occasions. Yet Pakistan won a game in the series. May be they can do the same here.
Unlikely - Asif & Amir were a class apart, and always gave their side a chance if their batsmen could only do their job. I don't see their current attack as being in the same league as those two.

L Trumper

State Regular
Unlikely - Asif & Amir were a class apart, and always gave their side a chance if their batsmen could only do their job. I don't see their current attack as being in the same league as those two.
Good point. But I don't see them winning even if they bowl out SA for less than 150.