• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Xuhaib

International Coach
I know Smali is the resident pessimist but I would like to join the party here. What a horrible day AB drop catch set the tone and then allowing RP to score 84 was crimnal the openers showed no ticker falling to some basic stuff only an Ajmal moment of genius can save the game and don't get me started on Umer Gul the bastard has not shown up for ages.

Howe_zat

Audio File
What an awesome session after tea, really good bowling and brilliant batting, if Pak can keep going to lunch without losing more than a wicket they should be big favourites.

But I still think we can chase up to 300 on this wicket.
Hanging on how many they score, obvs. I don't think Pakistan are likely to step on it and if they get more than 80 in the session I'd be very surprised.

The main thing holding the odds on Pakistan out right now is there's very little batting to come.

I'd mark SA as favorites chasing anything up to about 250-275. They bat deep and there's been very little got out of the pitch, all the damage so far coming from the new ball for the hosts and Ajmal's jiggery pokery for the visitors.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Pitch is keeping low and turning actually. 250 max might be chasable - but 275-300 and Pak should be favorites.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
This next day is going to make excellent viewing. Steyn will be fired up because he knows the match depends on SA getting a chase-able total.

Briony

International Debutant
Because of Morkel's injury, Kallis's workload with the ball increased so du Plessis had to move up the order. Pakistan is in the box seat if it doesn't lose quick wickets. Think SA's decision to insert will ultimately what hurts them. Unfortunately they just misread the conditions which seem to be more suited to Pakistani strengths than their own. At least 1-1 sets it up nicely for Centurion where Morkel will have to be replaced and demonstrates the evenness in world cricket atm.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tbf, I do remember there was talk about his hamstring at the time. Might have just flared up ever so slightly and they wanted to make sure he was OK.
I don't mind them resting him if his work load has been exceeded because its smart to manage players, especially ones as important as Kallis given his age, but they rested him for an extra 18 runs. What would have happened if Francois got out first ball? Send him in and be resigned to the fact they compromised the position both Kallis and Faf bat best?

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I doubt they would have done it simply to give him a bit of rest. They were probably slightly worried about his hammy and thus would have continued to promote batsman until they were sure he was alright to bat. Weird situation though.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I doubt they would have done it simply to give him a bit of rest. They were probably slightly worried about his hammy and thus would have continued to promote batsman until they were sure he was alright to bat. Weird situation though.
Nah Firdose Moonda made a tweet confirming there was no injury concern and that they were doing it just to give him a bit of a rest.

Rasimione

U19 Captain
Get rid of Misbah and we will blow them away. I hope Philander bowls a few gems today. anything 250 we should win. as for Ajmal if Smith is still batting when he comes to bowl, we going to see a hell of a match.

smash84

The Tiger King
Misbah isn't that great technically but he is willling to grind it out...........I hope him and Azhar don't fall at the beginning of the day but go on to have a huge partnership

smash84

The Tiger King
btw does anybody think that this pitch will deteriorate further and will offer more help to the spinners as the game goes on?