• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in England

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Beleg said:
Is this the worst Pakistani attack fielded during the last 30 years?
What is the kid who bowled those massive inswingers in the U19 WC doing now? Is he close to getting a call-up?

And to answer your question, the seam bowling is poor though I do rate Danish. If this isnt the worst seam attack for Pak in 30 years the other must have been terrible.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Hugh said:
Cook keeps impressing. Vaughan who ?
You know, Michael Vaughan, England's inspirational captain, the one we can't win the Ashes without sadly. Although Cooky looks better and better, just isn't ruffled by anything.

Beleg

International Regular
Plunette.

:D

The kid's name is Jamshed something (Ahmed?) and I think he is still a couple of years away from the team, though at this rate and knowing the Pakistani selectors, he might get called up for the fourth test.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
couldn't have asked for a much better day if you're an England fan, arriving at the ground to see we'd lost the toss and would be in the field i expected a long day. Was sat a few rows behind Jimmy Saville so it was pretty noisy later on. Cook looked good, KP looked comfortable when he came in so hopefully they can carry on tomorrow. Cracking weather as well, sunburnt as usual

simmy

International Regular
GeraintIsMyHero said:
:) LOL

Question, will I see any centuries tomorrow?
Yes. Cook looks good and is almost due a big one.

Very impressive young man but needs to improve his catching.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Beleg said:
Plunette.

:D

The kid's name is Jamshed something (Ahmed?) and I think he is still a couple of years away from the team, though at this rate and knowing the Pakistani selectors, he might get called up for the fourth test.
Jamshed Ahmed was the left armer, who bowled inswingers. But there was a right armer, Anwar Ali, who bowled the massive inswingers. I'd doubt he can keep his body in one piece before he plays Test cricket. Wait till you see him, Goughy, you'll have plenty of work to do in your bowling coaching thread ;) .

Neither of the guys got picked for the final squad for Pakistan "A" side which went to the "Top End Series".

Xuhaib

International Coach
Bad bad performance by Pak but not unexpected, I remember Aamir Sohail mentioning after the last test that there is bound to be a day when Inzi an Yousuf will fail together in the same innings and unfortunatley yesterday was one of those days. The less said about this bowling line-up the better it will be.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I have a feeling Jamshed Ahmed will be opening the bowling attack with Asif during the World Cup.