• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in England

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Harmy was good BUT just how many deliveries did he bowl that were actually going to hit the stumps?

All in all a pitiful performance from Pakistan - bounce above thigh height and they give their wickets away.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Great performance from Pietersen in the field

Great bowling from GBH and Monty

And, well, there must be 3437438743 Greigy nominations. I myself thought this match was a nailed on draw. I know there's a long way to go, but I already feel a little silly...

Good captaincy from Strauss too. Used Collingwood early on, kept Harmy and Monty on when they were firing. I know I said I wanted Pakistan to win the toss so I could see England bat tomorrow, but I honestly didn't think they'd be all out by half two!!

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
social said:
Harmy was good BUT just how many deliveries did he bowl that were actually going to hit the stumps?

All in all a pitiful performance from Pakistan - bounce above thigh height and they give their wickets away.
Typical, Harmison takes a 6fer, and he gets criticised. Boring.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
BTW, havent mentioned it before but why is Geraint still playing?

His keeping has improved (law of averages I guess) but his inclusion is still a joke

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The weird thing about the innings is there's an 84 run partnership squeezed in there as well. Just shows how abysmal everyone else was.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
social said:

His keeping has improved (law of averages I guess) but his inclusion is still a joke
Something to do with his batting, not sure what though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
What a monumental collpase. Still, I guess something must be wrong when Inzy fails to score against England. Can't believe they were all out for 119, that must be close to the big guy's average against us!

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
social said:

My own opinion is because he's loud. (dont mock! i shall explain).

Fletcher wants the keeper of his teams to lead the team on the field. Gee up the Bowlers and also annoy the hell out of the opposition batsmen.
No matter if you love or hate Jones, you have to admit he does that beautifully.

Read was always too quiet for Fletchers liking, which is why he is still reluctant to pick him even though his batting has improved, and his keeping is better than Jones.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Typical, Harmison takes a 6fer, and he gets criticised. Boring.
Want to tone down the defensiveness just a little? All he said was that Pakistan contributed to their own downfall. I only saw a small part of the innings, but from the descriptions on here and cricinfo that sounds more or less accurate.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
SpaceMonkey said:
My own opinion is because he's loud. (dont mock! i shall explain).

Fletcher wants the keeper of his teams to lead the team on the field. Gee up the Bowlers and also annoy the hell out of the opposition batsmen.
No matter if you love or hate Jones, you have to admit he does that beautifully.

Read was always too quiet for Fletchers liking, which is why he is still reluctant to pick him even though his batting has improved, and his keeping is better than Jones.
That has to be the worst reason ever to keep a player in the side, and leave another out, but then again I don't think we ever heard why Ray Illingworth disliked Angus Fraser so much.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
FaaipDeOiad said:
Want to tone down the defensiveness just a little? All he said was that Pakistan contributed to their own downfall. I only saw a small part of the innings, but from the descriptions on here and cricinfo that sounds more or less accurate.
Point taken, for some reason I completely blanked out the bit where he wrote "Harmy was good." And while I don't think there's a point either way saying whether or not the ball was going to hit the stumps I was OTT and I apologise.

As I said earlier, I'm just very excitable this afternoon, what with all these wickets and all LOL

Fusion

Global Moderator
My thoughts on the match so far: What a disaster for Pakistan! Bad wicket or not, that was an absolutely disgusting performance by the batsman. In fact, the whole game performance and strategy has been bad. They apparently failed to read the pitch correctly, had the wrong opening combination, and then proceeded to give away their wickets without any sense of responsibility. And no, there isn't a bigger idiot in cricket than Afridi (others like Dhoni may tie him, but no one can surpass him!). Kind of makes me wonder what Shoaib/Asif/Flintoff would have achieved on this pitch though.

simmy

International Regular
Was thinking the same about Flintoff to be honest. He would have been equally as devastating on this pitch as Harmison.

On a wicket like this, Harmison is the best bowler in the world IMO.

England should surpass 300 here and definitely win this game.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
To be fair, on form I wouldn't drop Harmison for many bowlers at all. Even Flintoff, as a bowler.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Just to top this day off I want Richard to make a long over due comeback and bring his Harmi bashing with him and for Fraz to keep talking about how Pakistan have the greatest depth of fast bowlers on the planet :)

Last edited: