• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2020

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Pope too I guess, but he did at least play a couple of important innings and showed why he should be in the side
Agreed about Pope. His overall returns were under par, but his two good innings were vital. I'd be astonished if he wasn't retained.
Woakes, Buttler, Crawley, Stokes and Broad the guys who'll be happiest with their overall contribution.
Archer, Burns, Wood and Bess (with the ball) at he other end of things.

Bijed

International Regular
It would be interesting if there was a Test next week and Stokes was available who would be left out.
Archer, I suppose, though it's not inconceivable that Woakes might make way if they really wanted Jofra's extra pace. Stokes in a 5 with Pope at 6 and Buttler at 7.

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
We've not been helped by the fact that the groundstaff seem to have been ****ing about here instead of putting the graft and trying to get it dry.
Ground staff could also be an issue. I didn't get to see enough live footage in this game to see what they did though, so benefit of the doubt from me for now haha

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I just don't think anyone could be bothered in the end, **** weather, **** conditions to play, no fans to play too, I may have pushed for a win, but don't think the bowlers looked up for it after the coronation. Gotta say after the first Test this has been pretty miserable as a series.

Well done Jimmeh, though well-deserved.

Groundking

International Debutant
England stats for the whole summer

Burns - 254 runs at 28.2
Sibley - 324 runs at 36.0
Denly - 47 runs at 23.5
Crawley - 417 runs at 69.5
Root - 224 runs at 37.3 and 1 wicket at 42.0
Stokes - 372 runs at 62.0 and 11 wickets at 14.4
Pope - 215 runs at 26.9
Buttler - 416 runs at 52.0
Woakes - 144 runs at 36.0 and 17 wickets at 20.5
Curran - 17 runs at 17.0 and 4 wickets at 36.0
Bess - 111 runs at 55.5 and 8 wickets at 55.5
Archer - 42 runs at 10.5 and 8 wickets at 45.0
Broad - 124 runs at 41.3 and 29 wickets at 13.4
Anderson - 32 runs at 10.7 and 16 wickets at 25.5
Wood - 7 runs at 3.5 and 2 wickets at 55.0
Burns, Pope and Archer all poor, but at least Burns and Pope helped turn the screw against Windies in the 3rd test to kill them off and secure the series, what did Archer do?

Can't help but feel that Leach would have done better than Bess, but when you've got Anderson, Woakes and especially Broad bowling as well as they did its not that big of an issue.

Root really needs to be doing better than what he's done considering he's our captain and most senior batsman. For somebody as talented as he is he is massively underperforming imo.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Can't believe I stayed up only to watch England give up with 15 overs of a new ball to go. Did they forget Pak tail is shocking?

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
iirc Sibley bowled some serviceable stuff for a while - i think i remember him bowling in the powerplay in t20 cricket. obviously has given up on that judging by his bowling today.

Pope I feel like regressed this summer. Last winter he really knuckled down and played much tighter than he has and he got the results, yet this summer was a return to his previous batting for England which was always a bit loose.

I wouldn't judge the players too much on this summer given how weird it all has been.

Credit to both the touring sides for coming, and for the England players and staff stuck inside that bubble for close to 3 months (bar one day off between the test series). We probably underestimate how tough that has been.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think the evidence shown in court proved he was standing up against some homophobes.

Buttler has shown a lot of patience and did not hit a boundary for about 20 + overs in his last innings.
I stand up against idiots on here everyday. As much as I would like to clock a lot of them (and they deserve it), if I did I'd get thrown in the jug. End of story. it wasn't self defense, he wasn't protecting anyone. He clocked a bloke who was backing away. If he wasn't a sporting celeb he'd have gone down for it. He's lucky the fella didn't crack his head on the ground and die. It was a low act.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Well done England. Probably could've been 3-0.

Rizwan a huge bright spot for us this series. I will lose my **** if I ever hear Sarfaraz's name again.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
Amazing achievement, what a bowler.

Feels odd for someone who is probably closer to All time very good rather than all time great to be 4th all time but then Kumble is and not convinced there is a great deal of difference between them as bowlers.
That's a good analogy. Kumble and Anderson are almost equals. Persevered for a very long time, led the attack for their teams, great in their own conditions and at a few times, sparkling away as well. Both always remained in the very good but not great category, mainly due to presence of other ATGs at their time.

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pakistan must be really frustrated about that first test. Just an hour or two of madness cost them the series pretty much.
Yeah. They could have walked away with a win in this series and preserved their status as England's bogey team.