• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2020

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
Stokes wasn't defending anyone. Acquitted owing to celebrity. Nothing more. Should be reading this online conversation in a 6x8 cell in Pentonville Road.

Buttler is a one trick pony. Feasted on lesser nations in longer forms and will be out of the side within 12 months.
I think the evidence shown in court proved he was standing up against some homophobes.

Buttler has shown a lot of patience and did not hit a boundary for about 20 + overs in his last innings.

cricketsavant

U19 12th Man
I hate to keep banging the same drum, but the Ageas bowl does not seem to be fit for test cricket if it takes this long, even when it is dry, for them to drain the ground. I haven't seen these types of pictures for a while in grounds around England, where drainage has really become top notch!

Groundking

International Debutant
I hate to keep banging the same drum, but the Ageas bowl does not seem to be fit for test cricket if it takes this long, even when it is dry, for them to drain the ground. I haven't seen these types of pictures for a while in grounds around England, where drainage has really become top notch!
We've not been helped by the fact that the groundstaff seem to have been ****ing about here instead of putting the graft and trying to get it dry.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I think that's fair. My only argument would be that this venue seems to have been the only one of two that's OK with covid restrictions.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
Ditto Edgbaston and Trent Bridge of course. There must be a reason why we've played 3 out of 6 matches at Southampton, but I don't know what that reason is.
Old Trafford and Southampton are the only two Test venues with hotels within the cricket ground, not just near by.