• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2020

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Pope I feel like regressed this summer. Last winter he really knuckled down and played much tighter than he has and he got the results, yet this summer was a return to his previous batting for England which was always a bit loose.
Don't really agree with this. His figures don't look great, but he got two absolute brutes from the Pakistan bowlers, got out for a couple of low scores when looking for quick runs/downhill skiing.

His two good innings were really good, and vital in winning two games. Don't think we can be too down on him.

Gremlin

U19 Vice-Captain
Woke up this morning in a gloom thinking I'll actually have to do some work rather than follow cricket. It's amazing how we have had some Test cricket this summer, especially at the height of the pandemic, I never thought we'd be able to watch any cricket at all at one point, so congratulations to all involved with putting it together, the squads, coaches, certainly heartfelt thanks to WI and Pakistan, it has been a summer of exciting cricket.

Oh, I bet it doesn't rain in Southampton for the next 2 weeks!

PavlovsDog

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I stand up against idiots on here everyday. As much as I would like to clock a lot of them (and they deserve it), if I did I'd get thrown in the jug. End of story. it wasn't self defense, he wasn't protecting anyone. He clocked a bloke who was backing away. If he wasn't a sporting celeb he'd have gone down for it. He's lucky the fella didn't crack his head on the ground and die. It was a low act.
Backing away about 30 seconds after he went at Stokes with a bottle..... probably not for this thread though.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Backing away about 30 seconds after he went at Stokes with a bottle..... probably not for this thread though.
Yeah well the thing is see, if you're backing away 30 seconds after something has happened, it isn't self defense.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I got on board when he had that insane period of absolutely dominating in Pakistan A appearances (mostly 50-over ones I believe), which I think was around the same time as trundler. I'd barely ever seen him play though so I won't claim it.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Shan, Abid, Rizwan, Naseem are all guys I wanna see do well and think will do well. Babar is in glorious form at the moment and it looks like Azhar has at least figured out how to fight through and stay in till he gets back to some sort of normal form. Shaheen and Abbas are good enough to pose a threat anywhere and Yasir will always bowl magic balls amidst his long hops. Things are looking good for the Pak tests side, especially if they get back Haris Sohail at the #6 slot. They will have most bases covered.

On the England side, a core group of Crawley, Root, Pope, Stokes, Archer, Curran seems promising too. Its nice to see youngsters come in and slowly grow into the international side. When teams around the world become mostly predictable, it means game overall is it a very high standard. Hopefully this is a start towards that. :)

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
If England's next test is only in India, wonder if a side like this might be the way to go...

Burns
Sibley
Crawley
Root
Stokes
Buttler
Curran
Bess
Archer/Wood
Anderson/Broad/Woakes
Leach

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
If England's next test is only in India, wonder if a side like this might be the way to go...

Burns
Sibley
Crawley
Root
Stokes
Buttler
Curran
Bess
Archer/Wood
Anderson/Broad/Woakes
Leach
Replace Curran with Pope and you're on the mark IMO.

Assuming Stokes is fit to bowl, Curran offers nothing more than the HB chutzpah you're high on after Crawley's double ton.