• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

pakster

U19 12th Man
Remarkable and completely unexpected from Pakistan, but what an absolute shambles our top order is! Ajmal was milking Swan like one would milk an overgrazed she-camel, but our "batsmen" were reading him like my 3 year old nephew reads War and Peace - NOT VERY WELL. Great knocks from the keeper, ajmal and amir, but not enough unfortunately. Pakistan to set England 130, with the hosts stumbling there with 6 wickets to spare.

As a completely irrelevant aside, Ian Botham is terrible at banter.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Remarkable and completely unexpected from Pakistan, but what an absolute shambles our top order is! Ajmal was milking Swan like one would milk an overgrazed she-camel, but our "batsmen" were reading him like my 3 year old nephew reads War and Peace - NOT VERY WELL. Great knocks from the keeper, ajmal and amir, but not enough unfortunately. Pakistan to set England 130, with the hosts stumbling there with 6 wickets to spare.

As a completely irrelevant aside, Ian Botham is terrible at banter.
:laugh::laugh:Gun.:laugh::laugh:

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
This was pathetic from Broad! Just saw his delivery to Azhar Ali....the ball missed the bat by 6 inches...he appeals....doesn't look back at the ump...ump gives not out...then they don't refer it...why? Because Broad knew he was making a fake appeal....simply pathetic....doesn't look good on a test team with England's caliber...

Bowler bowls well in conditions that suit him shocker.
Oh please,you know quite well what the point made by me - and many others before me- is.He is great in conditions that suit him obviously,like most bowlers are,but as soon as he is confronted with a remotely flat wicket he is innocuous.

Fusion

Global Moderator
Just getting a chance to post because of a family commitment (stupid family, always gets in the way of my internet time).

I can't begin to describe how proud I am of the fightback from Zulqarnain and the tail. For the first time in over a year, some of our batsmen finally showed a spine and fought back. If only those batsmen were part of the top order but nevermind. This is all a Pakistani fan is really looking for - our batsmen to go down fighting and show some desire of staying at the pitch.

I fully expect the last wicket to fall within the first 5 overs tomorrow and I also expect that Eng will chase down the target without a sweat. The result was inevitable since we posted 72. However, I will remember the fightback from day 3 for a long time to come. I will remember Mohammad Amir stoicly defending for 117 balls (more balls faced than any other batsmen besides Zulqi). I will remember Saeed Ajmal sacrificing his body taking shots after shots and giving as good as he got. I will remember a debutant WK who got saved from a King's Pair by technology defying a bowling attack that had dominated Pakistan from the first day and actually getting under their skins. When the dark days come again and we collapse again (3rd Test anyone?), I will remember that deep down inside there is a fighting spirit yet present in our batsmen and all is not lost for the future. Sorry if my post contains some hyperbole, but my emotions are running high.

Lastly, Stuart Broad you are a complete sack of ****!

Faisal1985

Just getting a chance to post because of a family commitment (stupid family, always gets in the way of my internet time).

I can't begin to describe how proud I am of the fightback from Zulqarnain and the tail. For the first time in over a year, some of our batsmen finally showed a spine and fought back. If only those batsmen were part of the top order but nevermind. This is all a Pakistani fan is really looking for - our batsmen to go down fighting and show some desire of staying at the pitch.

I fully expect the last wicket to fall within the first 5 overs tomorrow and I also expect that Eng will chase down the target without a sweat. The result was inevitable since we posted 72. However, I will remember the fightback from day 3 for a long time to come. I will remember Mohammad Amir stoicly defending for 117 balls (more balls faced than any other batsmen besides Zulqi). I will remember Saeed Ajmal sacrificing his body taking shots after shots and giving as good as he got. I will remember a debutant WK who got saved from a King's Pair by technology defying a bowling attack that had dominated Pakistan from the first day and actually getting under their skins. When the dark days come again and we collapse again (3rd Test anyone?), I will remember that deep down inside there is a fighting spirit yet present in our batsmen and all is not lost for the future. Sorry if my post contains some hyperbole, but my emotions are running high.

Could not have said it better myself.... :clapping:

outbreak

First Class Debutant
I was annoyed, i saw Haider get his king pair overturned by the UDRS and saw him look to be struggling alittle early on so i let my girlfriend change the channel thinking it would be over soon and england would just bowl them out, next morning i hear about Haider and Ajmal now i regret turning it off......

Good to see some fight i just hope their top order can look at how the lower order and bowlers are playing and realise their letting their side down. Good to also see some new blood in the side performing, I was getting sick of Akmal's dropped catches and failed dives. haider still has some work to do on his keeping but he looks promising.

Faisal1985

I was annoyed, i saw Haider get his king pair overturned by the UDRS and saw him look to be struggling alittle early on so i let my girlfriend change the channel thinking it would be over soon and england would just bowl them out, next morning i hear about Haider and Ajmal now i regret turning it off......

Good to see some fight i just hope their top order can look at how the lower order and bowlers are playing and realise their letting their side down. Good to also see some new blood in the side performing, I was getting sick of Akmal's dropped catches and failed dives. haider still has some work to do on his keeping but he looks promising.
Hahaha...i didn't even watch a single ball.....lol.. With Pak you get these kinds of little blips of brilliance...

Spark

Global Moderator
Awesome to see some grit and determination from the Pakistani lower order. From such an inexperienced team that's really all you can ask for.

Jayzamann

International Regular

Even though I see only one result as an inevitability, I'm looking forward to seeing what damage can be done before it is realised.

slowfinger

International Debutant

:wub: This is a hearty speech, but true, result or not this will be remembered for those purposses...