• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in England 2010

tombarlow123

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Why are England so frustrating? We look (somewhat) comfortable with the bat, and then lose 5 wickets for 8 runs; then we definitely look comfortable with the ball and then let Ajmal! of all people, to get a 50! What is their problem!

Also, the conditions become a bit nicer for Pakistan and we don't look like taking wickets. I'm still not that confident for the winter.

Jacknife

International Captain
Swann alluded to it in his interview after today, that England thought the wickets would just keep tumbling this afternoon,obviously the wicket started to play a lot easier but I think England lost their focus.They took their foot off the gas and started to relax instead of keeping switched on throughout,which I think showed in some of their fielding up to some extent.It's something this team is going to after learn if they are to be the best side, is when you've got a team down you have to be relentless and keep the pressure on.
Englands' chase tomorrow will depend on the weather,if it's sunny it should be fairly straight forward,if the cloud and rain come it is going to be a real test of what they are made of.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Why was Haider not disappointed in not getting 100? He looked chuffed even though he was out. Nice mentality but c'mon!

Why was Haider not disappointed in not getting 100? He looked chuffed even though he was out. Nice mentality but c'mon!
He probably was disappointed but didn't show it.Tbh,his shot baffled me.It was so close to the end of the day's play - had Pak been 120/8 with Haider at the crease,I'd have backed them to get even 160-175.If Pak catch well they might still win this.They got Eng's last 7 wickets for 46 odd runs in the first innings...

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Not want to be harsh on him,but did not like that smile on his face and the celebration when he got out.

He seemed very content on his performance when in fact he threw his wicket away in a crucial situation where 20/30 runs more would have got him his first test 100 as well as get Pakistan within a fighting chance.
He Should have been frustrated at that rather than seeming happy and content about it.

Sir Alex

Banned
Lol give him a break...

if he didn't have commitment, he wouldn't have played out 200 deliveries in the first place

you do 99% right, and people are happy to point out your 1% ...

Not a great fan of carrying emotions from the field to home tbh... You did your best, at the end of it is a game and accept it... No need in pretending emotions too.. the guy looked as if those 88 runs were bonus themselves than worrying about the 12 he didn't get.

Last edited:

slowfinger

International Debutant
Lol give him a break...

if he didn't have commitment, he wouldn't have played out 200 deliveries in the first place

you do 99% right, and people are happy to point out your 1% ...

Not a great fan of carrying emotions from the field to home tbh... You did your best, at the end of it is a game and accept it... No need in pretending emotions too.. the guy looked as if those 88 runs were bonus themselves than worrying about the 12 he didn't get.
Yeah I get it hes saved our ass from getting uberowned but still I feel that he could've atleast retried his shot or struggled to show us he cared for his wicket...

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Pleasen surprise looking at the scorecard. Now Aamir and Asif to bowl them to a victory. Also happy for the new wicket keeper. The cricinfo article on him was good.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Pleasen surprise looking at the scorecard. Now Aamir and Asif to bowl them to a victory. Also happy for the new wicket keeper. The cricinfo article on him was good.
Lets not get carried away. We have to bowl out Pietersen Trott and co. But a lead of 150 maybe 160 might be challenging!

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Hats off to Haider, Ajmal, Gul (for coming back to bat)......England may go on to win...but good to see a fight from Pak...it will be a miracle if they put up 200..but if they...oh boy...that would be something...hardly impossible....but still a chance..