• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Jayzamann

International Regular
The mind boggles how Ponting has changed since the mid-00's. There was a point in time where he was nearly bald, now look

Dude's got a massive rug up top.

AlanJLegend

U19 Vice-Captain
Just got back from Bellerive oval, what an awesome day of test cricket!

The defining moment was definitely when Aamer dropped Ponting in a catch that any under-15's player would be harshly criticised for dropping. It was that moment that decided Ponting's fate from being 'idiot who will never learn' to 'masterful batsman and captain'.

Hope to see him bring up a double tomorrow. Touch wood.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh yeah, Ponting is so arrogant, he shouldn't play those lovely pull shots. :wacko:
Yeah, I think calling it 'arrogance' is a little off the mark. He's backing himself to play a shot he's played well his whole career. Whether it's ill-advised to do so early in his innings these days is another thing, but I think sometimes confidence in yourself is seen as arrogance. Especially if you are Ricky Ponting, and calling him 'arrogant' sounds worse. :happy:

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
So far there has been 13 dropped catches in this series and the dropped batsman has added 568 runs and this is not taking in to account of the runs scored in partnership with the batsman who has been dropped.

On average Pakistan is conceding 134 runs per innings extra due to their failure to catch the ball.I guess they have not heard about a famous cricket line 'catches win matches'

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
On average Pakistan is conceding 134 runs per innings extra due to their failure to catch the ball.I guess they have not heard about a famous cricket line 'catches win matches'
Jeez. Aussie would have really done badly in their first dig at Sydney if Pakistan had held their catches. :ph34r:

0RI0N

State 12th Man
Teh Punter well done.
cricinfo Player of the Decade and tonning up after 10 tests.
do work tomorrow son (200 up)

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
Feel for Asif if Ponting had been taken he could have eaten the North's and the Haddin's in early seaming conditions defintley deserves better figures.
Was bowling superbly against Clarke. That late out swing was killing Clarke.

Its just not happening for Pakistan.

Yousuf has injected too much negative/defensive atmosphere in this team. Completely the opposite of what a leader/captain should do.

Worse part is, the only other candidate who might be successful in bringing the aggression back is Afridi and he is not even playing test cricket.

slowfinger

International Debutant
Was bowling superbly against Clarke. That late out swing was killing Clarke.

Its just not happening for Pakistan.

Yousuf has injected too much negative/defensive atmosphere in this team. Completely the opposite of what a leader/captain should do.

Worse part is, the only other candidate who might be successful in bringing the aggression back is Afridi and he is not even playing test cricket.
Good to see you back:)

Faisal1985

International Vice-Captain
^ Yes very disappointing.

Well on the brighter side, Pakistani Parliament has recommended the President to fire all PCB administration for the lack of performance. And i am all for that.