• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

JBH001

International Regular
Haha, if a guy has 11,000 + test runs I dont see any reason for him to learn humility.

But yeah, that drop....

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Steve Waugh had humility thrust upon him fairly early on. Ponting is getting his dose pretty late and you get the feeling he's too old and cranky to give a ****.
Definitely. And I wish it'd come back to bite him, but we all know it won't. Big score on the cards.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Wait Tony Greig said that ICC Anti-Corruption squad came in and stopped Warne from talking to Kaneria about spin bowling? Anyone know more about that? How does that make sense?

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Haha, if a guy has 11,000 + test runs I dont see any reason for him to learn humility.

But yeah, that drop....
Good point if he retired tomorrow but a touch of restraint would be nice just before the next Ashes series.....

Top_Cat

What arrogance was there just then...
How about skying a pull when he's faced only a few balls? How about doing that when he's been out to the same shot multiple times this summer? Any other player would have found his spot in question and probably been 'counselled' had he been out like Ponting has this season. It's just dumb cricket.

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Wow, pull shot again...

If I had been watching only this summer, I would have thought Ponting was a FC subcontinental batsman out of his league.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Facepalm.jpg

Put it away until you've actually settled in Ricky. Then destroy them with Hooks/Pulls

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Are you saying that Ponting has not been arrogant in this innings?
Don't think arrogant is the right word to describe it.

He's not been great in the run scoring department lately and the pull is his signature shot so I tend to perceive it as an attempt to hit himself back into form through a shot that in the past has scored him countless runs but has failed him recently. He probably sees the quality of his pull shot as a mark of his batting form.