• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pakistan in Australia

Xuhaib

International Coach
Feel for Asif if Ponting had been taken he could have eaten the North's and the Haddin's in early seaming conditions defintley deserves better figures.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have sen most of it since he's been about 60 and thought it was top century

But then I saw the drop

**** me, the Pakistanis are woeful fieldsmen

Even the catch of Watto was technically all over the place and reminded me of how 3rd graders used to field in the slips (bend down, stand up, bend down again)
Was talking about Clarke tbh.

So annoyed that I haven't been able to see either ton though :(

Craig

World Traveller
Not like they're even out of it ffs. 2 quick wickets and they can start fresh tomorrow at the tail with a semi-new ball.
And that is the most baffling part of it all. Bangladesh showed more spine when they toured here in 2003 then what Pakistan are showing.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is such sad cricket right now.
Yep. Made sadder by the fact both Asif and Kaneria are good enough to bowl a dry line 6 inches outside off, rather than 3 feet.

I remember Warne getting wided in tests when he bowled around the wicket and pitched it outside leg. They ought to do the same when quicks bowl so wide of the off stump so consistently.

DaRick

State Vice-Captain
Ponting nearly committed suicide with his pull shot at the start of his innings again.

Still, good on him - to get out of a slump and post 100. He looks much better now.

Good knock from Clarke too, even though it would've been preferable had he done this in Sydney etc. But never mind.

Pakistan have also played some negative cricket - it is mind-numbingly boring watching bowlers pitch their deliveries close to the return crease on the other end.

AaronK

State Regular
i didn't watch the match.. just checking out the scorecard now.. i didn't watch it becuase this is going to be another one sided match.. there is no way Pakistan would win this even if Aus would have beenn dismissed under 100.. what Pakistan needs is to learn how to win... the team is young and unexprience.. they need a leader who give them the confident that they can win any match against any time.. they are scard and nervous in facing Aus and their leader and captain should play and lead them out of this fear..unfortunatly, yousuf is not the right person for this job..

Last edited:

stephen

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
i didn't watch the match.. just checking out the scorecard now.. i didn't watch it becuase this is going to be another one sided match.. there is no way Pakistan would win this even if Aus would have beenn dismissed under 100.. what Pakistan needs is to learn how to win... the team is young and unexprience.. they need a leader who give them the confident that they can win any match against any time.. they are scard and nervous in facing Aus and their leader and captain should play and lead them out of this fear..unfortunatly, yousuf is not the right person for this job..
They just need to hold their catches.

This series is a prime example of the old addage "catches win matches".