• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe and South Africa 2015

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Injury keeps Adam Milne out of Black Caps' ODI series decider against Zimbabwe | Stuff.co.nz

This sounds familiar:

"Oh Adam's just carrying a couple of niggles, we're execting him to be fit for the next game."

followed by

"Adam's recovery time is taking a little longer than expected, but we're confident he'll be fit soon."

followed by

"Unfortunately Adam's injury is taking a lot longer to heal then we'd hoped, so he'll be leaving for home. But we're thrilled to be bringing Tipene Friday into the team, he's a fantastic young bowler who's chomping at the bit to get his first taste of international cricket."

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Sodhi will be retained for the series with South Africa now btw. I heard Hesson raising the possibility of that before the 1st ODI.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Sodhi will be retained for the series with South Africa now btw. I heard Hesson raising the possibility of that before the 1st ODI.
Great. Showed very promising signs in the 2nd ODI, control as notable as the turn he was getting. And he's a better final overs hitter than McCullum, Southee etc.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, liking Sodhi in limited overs. He could work on his fielding though.

Just want to mention that that was a pretty gun innings from Latham. I know it was only medium pacers and spinners, but some of those shots were classy.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I wasn't as impressed with Sodhi's bowling. He still produced plenty of short wide ones that better batsmen would've pummeled. However, I will say that the number of rank pies that he bowls appears to have reduced. I didn't see any full tosses on tuesday, and only a handful of genuine half trackers, so that's progress.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Pretty shrewd manipulation of Chigs' fields by Latham, which weren't the most diligently researched fields you'll see. An NZC video guy (Rupert Lewis) always praised Tom for being one of the keenest to work in with them, in the analytical sense.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Injury keeps Adam Milne out of Black Caps' ODI series decider against Zimbabwe | Stuff.co.nz

This sounds familiar:

"Oh Adam's just carrying a couple of niggles, we're execting him to be fit for the next game."

followed by

"Adam's recovery time is taking a little longer than expected, but we're confident he'll be fit soon."

followed by

"Unfortunately Adam's injury is taking a lot longer to heal then we'd hoped, so he'll be leaving for home. But we're thrilled to be bringing Tipene Friday into the team, he's a fantastic young bowler who's chomping at the bit to get his first taste of international cricket."
"Adam Milne will be fit for the 1st ODI.

He will be fit for the 2nd.

Adam Milne has picked up a niggle.

Adam Milne has been crushed into a cube.

Cube Milne will be fit for the first ODI of the next series"

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I'll be honest - I just spent the last five minutes watching Elliott's six in the World Cup semi-final on loop.

That's a great find. Thanks!
My thought for a web site
Hint hint pews and or anyone else is a bowling speed web site.
Find out a players bowling speed broken down by game series and year

The only thing is that you would have to have a number of different types of averages with the median speed in a game being the most valuable as the mean would be impacted by slower balls.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Pretty shrewd manipulation of Chigs' fields by Latham, which weren't the most diligently researched fields you'll see. An NZC video guy (Rupert Lewis) always praised Tom for being one of the keenest to work in with them, in the analytical sense.
Yeah the pay-off with Latham is having a left handed Williamson in the top order. It might not work out that well but it's better than picking a buffer.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Chamu Chibhabha looks like a hack with the bat (in spite of some of the scores he made recently). I rate him below Chigumbura, Ervine, Raza, Masakadza, Williams. Fitting Chakabva in the lineup is a problem too. He can't bat at no. 7 because he can't attack much; and playing him at no. 4 means Chigumbura, Williams and Raza are playing one place below where appropriate. For solving these 2 problems, I'd have Chakabva open the innings with Masakadza. Chibhabha can play at 7.

I'm not following the current Zimbabwe cricketers for long - so I might be wrong; but that's my first impression especially after watching them bat in the last 5 matches.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
My thought for a web site
Hint hint pews and or anyone else is a bowling speed web site.
Find out a players bowling speed broken down by game series and year

The only thing is that you would have to have a number of different types of averages with the median speed in a game being the most valuable as the mean would be impacted by slower balls.
sounds boring frankly

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
Whats Kanes obsession with spin at the death?First ODI bowled both spinners got hammered when he had plenty of Neesham overs to play with, and then in the last game bowled himself in the 49th over and even though they were in a comfortable position, got hit for consecutive sixes which on another day,might have caused a bigger problem.This leads me to have reservations about his captaincy and I'm not quite convinced hes the man for the job when McCullum goes.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Whats Kanes obsession with spin at the death?First ODI bowled both spinners got hammered when he had plenty of Neesham overs to play with, and then in the last game bowled himself in the 49th over and even though they were in a comfortable position, got hit for consecutive sixes which on another day,might have caused a bigger problem.This leads me to have reservations about his captaincy and I'm not quite convinced hes the man for the job when McCullum goes.
Yes Kane's captaincy has been below par so far.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
He did have five overs for 14 leading up to that 49th tbf. Neesham seems to be in one of his better bowling phases, but I'd say he would have the least control, the least ability to hit a target marker on the ground of any of our guys on tour tbh. If he bowled a good death over it would be more by sheer randomness than by design.

Days of Grace

International Captain
He did have five overs for 14 leading up to that 49th tbf. Neesham seems to be in one of his better bowling phases, but I'd say he would have the least control, the least ability to hit a target marker on the ground of any of our guys on tour tbh. If he bowled a good death over it would be more by sheer randomness than by design.
Nessham bowled a brilliant death over in the first ODI, which brought us right back into the game. Kane then takes him off for Henry, who goes for about 15. Madness.