• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in Zimbabwe and South Africa 2015

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
De Kock doesn't "do his thing". He's very much in the Latham style. He's just a good young batsman playing his natural game.

Latham can bludgeon it if you want him to but that's not the best use of his skills. Williamson used to take a while to get going early too. Would you ask him to bat like McCullum now? hell no.

De Kock doesn't "do his thing". He's very much in the Latham style. He's just a good young batsman playing his natural game.

Latham can bludgeon it if you want him to but that's not the best use of his skills. Williamson used to take a while to get going early too. Would you ask him to bat like McCullum now? hell no.
Yeah, fair point, maybe De Kock should go back to doing his thing where he is a 'natural dasher', instead of the Latham style thing he has been doing the past 12 months. A lot of us think he has merely lost form over the past 12 months.

Quinton de Kock dropped for NZ series; Morne van Wyk handed recall - Cricbuzz

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
My stance comes down to wanting the best batsmen in the team as near to the top of the order as possible so they have the most chance to influence the result.

I (rather infamously) rate Latham highly. He's shown the technical ability to bat at the top of the order, I believe him to have a reasonably well rounded array of shots (#shotsoffbothfeet) against both pace and spin, and he's young.

Let the hack-ish but effective players (Munro, Devcich, Worker, Ronchi etc etc) bat from 5-8. The quality batsmen need to be given a shot at the top.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Latham is definitely a quality batsman. I have no doubt that a Test opener can successfully open in ODIs, the only question is, of course, whether his strike rate will be good enough.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Don't you dare spam my email with reports of people 'lying' just because you disagree with them Hurricane :laugh:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, he did get big turn. It may not have turned sideways, but its was significant and appreciable.
Yeah, fair call this. I remember he spun one from just about the wide line back to a foot outside off. But then again even NcCullum was getting some purchase. It was a spinner-friendly pitch.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
CaptainGrumpy's edits are reaching ***** likes levels of parody.
At least he usually edits his posts to come across less dickish, as opposed to the tried and true JediBrah method of disagreeing relatively politely originally and then editing in a patronising comment afterwards.

At least he usually edits his posts to come across less dickish, as opposed to the tried and true JediBrah method of disagreeing relatively politely originally and then editing in a patronising comment afterwards.
I typically edit my posts to improve grammar, communication and expressed meaning, and maybe add a new point or two.

The "dickish" factor in my posts should remain about the same whether I edit or not, unless I am specifically editing to be less of a "dick", but even that could average out when I edit to be more of a "dick". So I wouldn't read too much into me editing to be less or more "dickish".

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Iunless I am specifically editing to be less of a "dick", but it could average out when I edit to be more a "dick"
Definitely seems to be more of the former happening than the latter to me, but I must confess that I don't care enough to look into your edit history every time you make a post.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Don't you dare spam my email with reports of people 'lying' just because you disagree with them Hurricane :laugh:
Fine Bahnz saw him turn a single delivery. Perhaps he even turned 2 or 3 while I was eating my ribs and not looking.
Of the three spinners kW got the least spin. Because he is part timer. The two front line spinners got appreciable turn.

To me it is lies.

I don't mind his take on Latham as he just wants to defend his point of view even though it is wrong.

Emotion driven arguments I can deal with but bold faced lies are against the rules as it is trolling.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Where's Kippax when you need him? Want to see a replay of the ripping turner Sodhi bowled. fmd is was orgasmic

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

2:50 for Sodhi's ball to get Chibhabha. 3:50 for KW's 2000rpm+ turn.

Last edited: