• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
I do not know how styris will pace his inngs. His IPL T20 batting is below average and he looked out of touch with both bat & ball in IPL.

It really unlucky for him to be in that position now as he is the only senior batsman left over

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's probably not that uncommon, actually, but I can't recall a game in any format where the first 5 wickets have fallen to 5 diff bowlers.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
Jeez this commentator is dire. His mind is boggled as to why they played a 50 over warm up match, when they have a 20-20 game around the corner.

Ummm, duh, there is a 5 match ODI series AFTER the one-off 20-20.

Jeez, the whole world has gone 20-20 mad. If 20-20 takes over from ODI, then I am sure cricket will lose a lot of real fans, and make a whole lot of fake ones who dont really care.

Raghav

Jeez this commentator is dire. His mind is boggled as to why they played a 50 over warm up match, when they have a 20-20 game around the corner.

Jeez, the whole world has gone 20-20 mad. If 20-20 takes over from ODI, then I am sure cricket will lose a lot of real fans, and make a whole lot of fake ones who dont really care.
absolutely true

Raghav

This is the same way Styris was out throught the IPL matches

He is completely out of touch. am worried about his future if he have a below ordinary series in England

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member

The irony being that people said the same with the introduction of ODIs. It wasnt long ago that 50 over cricket was the unloved child.

There is only a small window of age of cricketers that hold much value on ODIs. To many older it is just as clownish (if not more) than T20.

There is only 1 type of 'real' cricket for 'real' cricket fans and it aint ODIs

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
'Real fans' like Test cricket as much as any other format anyway...

Edit: That's in the context of the 'real fans' comment and what it was referring to

Last edited:

leepayne

School Boy/Girl Captain
This particular match has been the first Twenty20 International that has felt "serious" to me. Everyone wants to do well (in the England squad) to play in the Stanford 20-20 for 20.

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
The irony being that people said the same with the introduction of ODIs. It wasnt long ago that 50 over cricket was the unloved child.

There is only a small window of age of cricketers that hold much value on ODIs. To many older it is just as clownish (if not more) than T20.

There is only 1 type of 'real' cricket for 'real' cricket fans and it aint ODIs
Yeah, but 20 overs of cricket is just crazy. Yeah, Test is the 'real' game, but as it takes 5 days most people can never actually watch it all. At least with ODI's it is a good day out, but these 20 over games are just horrible. Maybe it is just because it has just started, but I couldn't care less if my team won or not.

Look at it this way. Test is the original. Put it in a photocopier and the result is ODI. What do you get when you put ODI in the photocopier?

After 20-20 are we going just gonna place 1 over each?

KiWiNiNjA

International Coach
'Real fans' like Test cricket as much as any other format anyway...

Edit: That's in the context of the 'real fans' comment and what it was referring to
Yeah, real fans watch test cricket. I am sure they also watch ODI's. At least ODI's involve cricket. 20-20's? Well, I will let you judge the cricket involved in them.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, but 20 overs of cricket is just crazy. Yeah, Test is the 'real' game, but as it takes 5 days most people can never actually watch it all. At least with ODI's it is a good day out, but these 20 over games are just horrible. Maybe it is just because it has just started, but I couldn't care less if my team won or not.

Look at it this way. Test is the original. Put it in a photocopier and the result is ODI. What do you get when you put ODI in the photocopier?

After 20-20 are we going just gonna place 1 over each?
Go find one of the "I hate Twenty20 and my arguments are a complete a puddle of piss" threads.