• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in England

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah, but 20 overs of cricket is just crazy. Yeah, Test is the 'real' game, but as it takes 5 days most people can never actually watch it all. At least with ODI's it is a good day out, but these 20 over games are just horrible. Maybe it is just because it has just started, but I couldn't care less if my team won or not.

Look at it this way. Test is the original. Put it in a photocopier and the result is ODI. What do you get when you put ODI in the photocopier?

After 20-20 are we going just gonna place 1 over each?
All similar stuff that was said as ODIs went from 60-55-50 overs.

As for the bolded part? How about a bright colour copy rather than a drab black and white photocopy :)

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Thread's gone quiet...comfortable victory tonight, enjoyed what I saw of the game which admittedly was just bits and pieces. Lovely ball from Swann.

Leslie1

U19 Captain
Black Caps (I didn't bother watching the 20 20), true to form, lost to England who's becoming actually, quite good at 20 20.

NZ will come right in the ODIs. How did Flynn go if anyone watched him?

Oram's injury will hopefully mean Southee in the lineup. I think we can live with one less batting all rounder. Styris is already a batting all rounder.

Just checked the bowling... HOW POOR is MILLS? Our senior bowler getting smacked. His confidence must be severely dented from tests.

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
'Real fans' like Test cricket as much as any other format anyway...
No, real (cricket) fans like Tests more than any other format. Anyone who doesn't isn't a cricket fan. Anyway, thank god that crap's over - apparently England won, though I'm more interested in this news that the kit was awful, might see if I can find something showing that.

ODIs up soon.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
No, real (cricket) fans like Tests more than any other format. Anyone who doesn't isn't a cricket fan. Anyway, thank god that crap's over - apparently England won, though I'm more interested in this news that the kit was awful, might see if I can find something showing that.

ODIs up soon.

:unsure: Not necessarily - _Ed_ is a great example of one of this site's most knowledgeable posters who prefers ODIs to Tests.

I must say though, on the last few pages there has been a lot of talk of "real" fans, it is not a notion I am comfortable with. If people like cricket, they like cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
Someone who likes Twenty20 and doesn't like Tests more than Twenty20 isn't a cricket fan. Simple as. They're a Twenty20 fan. Gotta say I'd never noticed Edmunds likes ODIs more than Tests. If so I doubt it's by all that much. Anyone who likes ODIs and doesn't like Tests isn't a cricket fan either, they're a ODI fan.

To be a cricket fan, you have to like Tests (or at worst the domestic First-Class game) better than anything else - unless obviously you're someone who follows your own club more than anything else. Liking ODIs everso slightly more than Tests just about qualifies too I suppose, but it's still very surprising that anyone who posts and is taken seriously on CW does TBH.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Excitable chap: "I'm going to a Twenty20 match tonight".
buddy: "Oh cool, what's Twenty20 again"?

excitable [but becoming less excitable] chap: "Dunno, cause it's not cricket".
buddy: "Oh so what happens in this Twenty20"?

excitable: "Well there are two teams who play for 20 overs with 11 players per side, the object of the game is to make lots of runs, and hitting a 6 is the best thing for a batsmen and 4's are good too. There are also bowlers you bowl a ball, I think they call it a cricket ball btw, and you make it bounce and tight bowling is rewarded and so are wickets, which is when you get a player out. Also good fielding is rewarded because catches win matches".

buddy: "Oh sounds like cricket!"

excitable: "Nah it's not cricket because it's my favourite".

Last edited:

Swervy

International Captain
Someone who likes Twenty20 and doesn't like Tests more than Twenty20 isn't a cricket fan. Simple as. They're a Twenty20 fan. Gotta say I'd never noticed Edmunds likes ODIs more than Tests. If so I doubt it's by all that much. Anyone who likes ODIs and doesn't like Tests isn't a cricket fan either, they're a ODI fan.

To be a cricket fan, you have to like Tests (or at worst the domestic First-Class game) better than anything else - unless obviously you're someone who follows your own club more than anything else. Liking ODIs everso slightly more than Tests just about qualifies too I suppose, but it's still very surprising that anyone who posts and is taken seriously on CW does TBH.
I cant really see who appointed you as the person who determines who is a cricket fan or is not a cricket fan

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing

Wow. Just, wow Richard.