• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in England 2015

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Crap make him play. I hope we have some plans for him this time.
That over didn't look like we had anything up our sleeve.

This reminds me of the time David Boon scored 140 odd run out against us in a test by leaving everything. Then in the next match Paddles went wide of the crease and mixed up his judgement of where his off stump was and he was out for 9.
"I viewed it as my job to get rid of the openers. I had a think and he didn't look the part in the next test did he".

Furball

Evil Scotsman
inb4jinx but this is really encouraging from Cook. Reckon his most important shot is the leave, if he's judging that well then you know he's on for a score.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
btw is the no-ball for height rule a one-day rule or is it universal? That first ball from Southee must've been close.

Meridio

International Regular
We're bowling pretty well here without looking too dangerous. England showing very good judgement outside the off stump, though they're leaving balls that are a pretty tight line. Would like to see Boult use the one that swings back in to the left hander.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
inb4jinx but this is really encouraging from Cook. Reckon his most important shot is the leave, if he's judging that well then you know he's on for a score.
From his last defensive prod that went to mid on with a flick of the wrists I would say his eye is close to in, if not in.

jcas0167

International Debutant
Boycott on radio saying that Cook is back to his best, leaving the ball well. I'm off to bed and expect to wake up to find Cook has scored another century.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Yeah he doesn't look like someone who will be getting out anytime this month.