• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Can a kind soul with some patience please explain the NZ provincial schedule to me - why aren't all the FC teams playing at the same time. Why is just one FC match on followed by another one two days from now. Seems we aren't squeezing as many games as we could be in to the summer. Is it to do with wanting to space out the cash generating t20 games?
This year they are hooking up temporary floodlights at Chh, Dunedin, Nelson, and maximizing the input by playing Friday and Saturday nights. Last year was just a Friday night game each week but it meant Auckland, CD, ND had played loads of home games before Canty and Otago played any.

I'm not going to quibble with the itinerary/schedule, as the old one used to send me into fits of rage (Plunket bookending the season with 3 months of white ball **** in between). But this year with a decent 3 test tour early in the season, and the double header HRVs taking out basically 4 of the 6 teams each week -I'm a bit worried about our lead into the Windies series. Too little FC cricket.

Boult missed his only opportunity, Fulton hasn't played one yet, Ruds is wasting his next 2 weeks in a Sri lankan monsoon .... Taylor and Macca are home for a rest, not Plunket shield.
Welly getting a few opportunities, but are too **** to actually provide anyone to the blackcaps ....

Last edited:

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
Both Guptill & Bates are back from injury, Friday out and imo it is a toss up between Kitchen/McIntosh/Grobbelaar to see who misses out on the batting spot. I would say probably Kitchen will lose out and Guptill will bat 3. Targeting the now vacant number 3 slot in the test team.

The 12 picked are:
Tim McIntosh (Parnell)
Jeet Raval (Suburbs New Lynn)
Martin Guptill (Suburbs New Lynn)
Craig Cachopa (Takapuna)
Gareth Hopkins (Captain) (Parnell)
Colin de Grandhomme (Howick Pakuranga)
Donovan Grobbelaar (Howick Pakuranga)
Bruce Martin (Parnell))
Matt Quinn (Cornwall)
Dean Bartlett (Ellerslie)
Michael Bates (Suburbs New Lynn)
Anaru Kitchen (Waitakere City)

Based on my drives passed, the Outer Oval pitch is looking quite brown. They are also playing on the edge of the block nearest to Sandringham road.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Bennett wreaking some havoc against Auckland. Will be very interesting to see how he goes this year, as it's kind of a make or break (hopefully not his back) season for him. Also, Guppers return to FC cricket goes about as well as can be expected.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Why do they insist on picking two allrounders and the keeper at five?

I hope Raval and Craigchopa ton up but the rest get knocked over to make them pay for crappy team balance. Kitchen > Grobs imo. Love his cheeky 125kph yorkers in 20/20 though.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Do I get CW brownie points for being Bennett's most enthusiastic booster after his mum? Good stuff Hamish.

Need to apply the same powers to camp Dean Bartlett. Come on Dean, secure your place while the door is still open. The vault needs the awesomeness of your bowling action from the front on camera .....

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Interesting...if the scorecard is any indicator it looks like Canterbury intend to bat Brownlie at number 3...evidently he's gunning for the vacant KW spot.

Flem274*

123/5
"Domestic bowlers lol" - Craig Cachopa

Seems to be enjoying coming in against the blokes not opening the bowling.

aaand out to a part timer.

Canterbury have a weird balance too unless Tastle is trying to reinvent himself as a genuine allrounder.

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Do I get CW brownie points for being Bennett's most enthusiastic booster after his mum? Good stuff Hamish.
His new action looks sooooo much better and he looks to actually have some control now.

I wish Milne wasn't on the SL tour so he could be playing 4 day cricket as well...but anyway it would be nice to have someone of that pace as 3rd seamer so long as they're actually taking wickets.