• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand Domestic Season 2013/2014

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
lol Auckland. It's a good bowling attack but those part timers should have to work much harder for their wickets.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Golden-arm Shanan Stewart is back I see. I hope for Auckland's sake this is an un-EdenOO-like early season green seamer.

Henry! Why talk about broken robot Bennett when there's Henry's actual class to drool over? :p

Flem274*

123/5
95/7 is probably 400 runs short of par if this pitch turns out to be the usual Eden Park outer oval affair.

Make that 95/8. Henry on a hattrick.

Stewart's 2fer is hopefully going to be his one random golden arm spell of the season done and dusted.

EDIT: Lack of Tastle in the attack after nearly 30 overs suggests maybe the deck is doing a bit?

Last edited:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Canterbury have a weird balance too unless Tastle is trying to reinvent himself as a genuine allrounder.
Given the way he's been shut out of the NZ test setup I wouldn't be surprised if he's been directed (explicitly or in not so many words) to do just that.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
95/7 is probably 400 runs short of par if this pitch turns out to be the usual Eden Park outer oval affair.
Hopkins always says it's an important toss ftr. Well-grassed on day 1 to advance the game, then just a fast road.

I want Bartlett to lower his Eden Park ground average of 12 this afternoon against ****erbury.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Matt Quinn top scorer from eleven :laugh:

But anyway, if Canterbury can keep Henry and Bennett and some support bowlers on the park this season, this might be the season they break out of the 'rebuilding phase' they've been going through for a few years now.

RxGM

U19 Vice-Captain
I cant believe that, I popped into the ground for 20min when Raval and Cachopa were going things were looking pretty easy, and McEwen and van Beek pretty average. Overhead was perfect for swing bowling, thought it has fined up now, so maybe that is why things are a bit easier for Quinn
Untitled.jpg

Last edited:

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Certainly doesn't look like a seamer's paradise.

His new action looks sooooo much better and he looks to actually have some control now.

I wish Milne wasn't on the SL tour so he could be playing 4 day cricket as well...but anyway it would be nice to have someone of that pace as 3rd seamer so long as they're actually taking wickets.
He's not gonna miss any FC cricket. CD don't play again before the start of the WI test series.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Domestic | Canterbury in control despite Quinn's resistance

Playing his first match since a finger injury while playing for Guyana in the Caribbean Premier League, Guptill flashed at a ball down the leg side only for Cachopa to leap to his left and take a superb one-handed catch.

It wasn't the start the hosts were looking for and it didn't get any better nearly two overs later. Bennett was in the wickets again when Henry Nicholls caught a dying edge at third slip from batsman Tim McIntosh for one to leave Auckland reeling at 22-2.

Cachopa launched the first of two sixes that ended up on Sandringham Road. An ensuing car had rolled over the top and had put grease on the ball, leaving umpires Gary Baxter and Barry Frost no choice but to replace the ball and it immediately paid dividends for the visitors.

Raval, who struggled his way to 19 from 56 deliveries, was trapped in front by Matt McEwen. The medium fast bowler had a wicket in his next over when he bowled Auckland captain Gareth Hopkins for four.

At 73-4 after 20 overs, Auckland still had plenty of work to do. That wasn't helped when the confident-looking Cachopa was caught by Logan van Beek from Shanan Stewart's first over for 31 to leave the hosts shivering at 73-5 after 21 overs.

Stewart had his second wicket of the match soon after when McEwen took a good catch to dismiss Donovan Grobbelaar for four to compound Auckland's misery.

Fulton got in on the action when he took the catch at first slip to dimiss Colin de Grandhomme for 16 as Auckland lost their seventh wicket of the session.

Matt Henry then had two wickets in two deliveries when he clean bowled Bates to sit on a hat trick ball, which was kept out by Bartlett.

Enter Quinn, whose innings provided Canterbury with more than a mouthful ahead of the lunch break.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
And the wickets continue to tumble. Huge opportunity for Brownlie to make a big statement ahead of the WI series.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Why are they reducing Bartlett to a little second change bitch. Some sort of cunning motivational plan.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Aaaaand Bronwlie misses his chance to put himself definitively ahead of Guptill and Cachopa in the Battle for No.3.