• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Match 40 - Australia v Pakistan

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Thanks for the video Blaze, wanted to see what the whole thing was about. Seems like Haddin and Umar said a few words to each other before Haddin pushing Younis. I don't understand why he would do that to Younis, who apart from Clarke, Hussy, Tendulkar, Strauss and Oram is one of the nicest cricketers around (a real gentleman).

The Youtube comments on the other hand are horrible as you would typically expect them to be :laugh:.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Thanks for the video Blaze, wanted to see what the whole thing was about. Seems like Haddin and Umar said a few words to each other before Haddin pushing Younis. I don't understand why he would do that to Younis, who apart from Clarke, Hussy, Tendulkar, Strauss and Oram is one of the nicest cricketers around (a real gentleman).

The Youtube comments on the other hand are horrible as you would typically expect them to be :laugh:.
Yeah the youtube comments are written by some right charmers.:laugh:

Fusion

Global Moderator
Well this didn't reflect well on Haddin, but I don't think it's quite that bad. It was a heat of the moment thing. Younis, being the nice guy that he is, tried to calm him down and paced his hands on him to get him away from the crowd. Haddin, being the hot-head that he is and already in a bad mood, just reacted angrily and gave him a push. Like I said, not the best of moment for Haddin, but it's not that big a deal IMHO.

pup11

International Coach
I was gutted at the time we lost the game but now I'm just glad that we got this out of the way right now rather than coming up with a performance like this in a knock-out game.

Forget about the pitch and the bowling because the fact of the matter is we had this coming, we have so far played in this tournament with just 4 batsmen because given Ponting, White and Smith's output with the bat in recent times it would be pretty ambitious to expect much from them.

So its imperative that going into the knock-out phase we strengthen our batting as much as possible.

Also unlike what many are saying I don't think much is wrong with Ponting's form with the bat, most of his problems are mental and AFAIC he just needs to go out there and be positive and play his shots. Atm he is just trying to graft his way back into form and that's a ploy that's just not going to work for his style of play.

Anyways.. bringing in David Hussey for Smith seems to be the most obvious thing to do now, becuase its become more and more clear that the Aussie think-tank just see Smith as an occasional part-timer and Smith's batting alone is hardly good enough for him to retain his place.

Its also a tempting thought to swap White with Ferguson but I doubt they would make too many changes but bringing in Ferguson too would help strengthening the batting to a large extent.

In the context of our title aspirations this loss is pretty bad one, not only does it dent confidence of the group it also makes our road to the final that much tougher.

If India win against West Indies, then it would mean an India v Australia QF and its definitely not an ideal scenario to face such a strong side early in the knock-out phase, what's worse is that even if we win against India then we again have to come back to Colombo for the semi-final and Pakistan again is most likely to be our opponent.

So we would have to bat with a lot more positive intent against spin if we are to stand any chance from here, becuase one can be rest assured that most teams would look to choke us with spin now.

Julian87

State Captain
Well this didn't reflect well on Haddin, but I don't think it's quite that bad. It was a heat of the moment thing. Younis, being the nice guy that he is, tried to calm him down and paced his hands on him to get him away from the crowd. Haddin, being the hot-head that he is and already in a bad mood, just reacted angrily and gave him a push. Like I said, not the best of moment for Haddin, but it's not that big a deal IMHO.
You, being the Pakistani that you are, are not objective at all tbh.

The first person to handle the other is in the wrong no matter how it was done.

Anyway. Read one page of this thread and couldn't hack it. Dussey needs to come in for Smith as we're more likely to use his bowling anyway byt the looks and his batting is obviously a level above and could go ok hitting down the order with his bro IMO.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Posting straight from the gutter
I think this is right.

I just saw the incident again. The only thing - and IMO not enough to justify Haddin's actions to Younis - is Younis came in from beside Haddin, if that makes sense, and gets in there, plainly trying to calm it down it should be said. Haddin reacted straight away then you could see Younis put the hand out and smile, as he does.

Still poor of Haddin IMO. Not a fan of that at all.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think this is right.

I just saw the incident again. The only thing - and IMO not enough to justify Haddin's actions to Younis - is Younis came in from beside Haddin, if that makes sense, and gets in there, plainly trying to calm it down it should be said. Haddin reacted straight away then you could see Younis put the hand out and smile, as he does.

Still poor of Haddin IMO. Not a fan of that at all.
I agree, but its not like Fusion really criticised Haddin anyway. He actually defended him.

Julian just looking for reactions from Pakistani posters, which is ****.

Last edited: