• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****OFFICIAL**** Lara vs Tendulkar Debate Thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Plenty of free time today, have we, Jono? :p

Keep the pictures coming, anything's better than the last few pages of this thread.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Plenty of free time today, have we, Jono? :p
Indeed :D

Both Lara and Sachin manage to escape this thread, being spotted watching live tennis matches at Wimbledon.

Despite their earlier differences, they are united by their hatred for people always debating who is better. They go on to live happily ever after.

The other great batsman of this generation, Australian captain Ricky Ponting, has been told that his name hasn't been brought up alongside Sachin and Lara. He's feeling down.

Sachin and Lara realise Ricky Ponting's sadness, and welcome him to join their gang. Ricky is evidently delighted with this. He fits in like a glove.

Hearing that Ricky Ponting has been accepted into the gang, gun batsmen Rahul Dravid and Jacques Kallis seek to join the gang.

The idea of Dravid and Kallis, a bunch of slow boring batsmen, thinking they can join their all-time great exciting batsman gang makes Sachin and Lara chuckle.

Jono then heads to bed, realising his attempts to derail the thread have been unsuccessful.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Calculations show that Sachin Tendulkar has taken the field for 1734 days in his cricketing career so far. (74% of them in International matches)

Wilfred Rhodes - 3456 days. (8.3% in International matches)
Jack Hobbs - 2624 days.
Mark Ramprakash - 2265 days.
Allan Border - 2091 days. (50.3% in International matches)
Garry Sobers - 1720 days. (27% in International matches)
Donald Bradman - 728 days. (35% in International matches)

Perhaps Tendulkar should get credit for the greater intensity required of ODI cricket, and more toll on his body due to a greater proportion of 4 and 5 day games played by him compared to Rhodes and Hobbs who played mostly 3 day games.

What is obvious though is the monster of the game that Rhodes was. To have played twice as much cricket as Tendulkar has so far, and to be involved as both batsman and bowler is simply staggering.
I have Rhodes in my team in the draft.:cool:

Himannv

International Coach
Haha brilliant stuff Jono!! Hilarious.. :laugh:

That final image might keep me up all night though :ph34r:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Jono manages to save what has otherwise been an awful awful thread.

Apparently if you don't get paid millions of dollars and travel to X amount of grounds you can't be very good

R_D

International Debutant
Brilliant work Jono... all of those were great :D....

so if I DO find someone who HAS played in more grounds than Sachin, you will give up this drivel?

And here R_D was wondering why I was getting worked up...... 8-)
:laugh:

Like i said... its the same person everytime.. I thought you would've learned to ignore him by now.

And people still wonder why we get mad at some of the Sachin worship going on here.. 8-)

Agree with Shri

Just going to say something that came to my mind now. hb talking down on "Sachin worship" that happens here all the time is more annoying than the "sachin worship" itself. At every opportunity he gets too. Irritating tstl.

Apologies to hb if he doesn't like what I say, just speaking my mind here.

PS: Alex, stfu.

Last edited:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Lol he has a chick's pick in his avy. nuff said.:p

Nah, you are too nice in general to be a troll, just found it annoying in this one instance.

I have turned off sigs and avatars.. :p

the reason I am being annoying is, well, SA is annoying the hell out of me. IT just seems we can never discuss anything here in CC where Sachin is not going to pop up.. And putting him on ignore is not gonna work, probably, coz someone is always gonna reply...