• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

ret

International Debutant
Points table after today's game

Team Mat Won Lost Tied N/R Pts Net RR For Against

Rajasthan 9 7 2 0 0 14 +0.592 1361/164.4 1307/170.2
Punjab 9 6 3 0 0 12 +0.458 1496/172.2 1465/178.1
Chennai 10 6 4 0 0 12 -0.203 1725/197.0 1659/185.1
Mumbai 9 5 4 0 0 10 +0.658 1267/153.1 1307/171.4
Delhi 10 5 5 0 0 10 +0.331 1576/187.1 1607/198.4
Kolkata 10 5 5 0 0 10 -0.014 1471/195.0 1339/177.1
Deccan 10 2 8 0 0 4 -0.380 1589/190.0 1632/186.4
Bangalore 9 2 7 0 0 4 -1.381 1278/175.4 1447/167.1

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
How awesome was Sanath vs. Shoaib.

One thing about Sanath, I've never met a cricket fan who didn't like him. True champ of the game.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Hoping Delhi win tonight and get the top 4 place again...Sanath is great but i dont really like Mumbai for some reason :p

Although would be nice to see the Aussie trio at the top of the batting again for Kings XI

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Geez, how well are Mumbai travelling? They were slow starters but now they're a powerhouse. Big chance to take out the whole thing in this form.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
After careful consideration I have decided to take an interest in the IPL. Immediately wanted to support the Daredevils. Pidge and Asif on the same team is somewhat of a dream come true, even if its just T20. And do they have the coolest kit or what?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Kolkata destroyed after being the early destroyers, ouch. Should have invested in some better long-term players.

jeevan

International 12th Man
The NRR scenario has changed so much in two matches.
Before: MI were -0.455 CSK were 0.104 KKR were 0.619
1st match: MI -0.056 CSK -0.203
2nd match: MI 0.658 KKR -0.014

KKR was the NRR leader and MI were 2nd last. In space of
two matches, MI is now the leader and stomped both opponents
into negative territory. (And Sachin has yet to fire! Would be a
sight to see Sachin and Sanath both go hammer and tongs in the
same innings).

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Australian domestic cricket is widely watched within the country, and is now broadcast worldwide- even here in India, where we rarely get to watch our own domestic scene. They shouldn't have any problem, unless they're trying to compete for money with the IPL- they still have a quality base.
lol, the only reason we get Aussie domestic stuff is because we have too many cricket channels in the first place.. There are 2 as of now, which is still too much for such a small sport.... Star Cricket is Murdoch's thing as is Fox Sports over there in Australia, so they are showing them here. Don't confuse that with popularity. The real cricket tragics are the only ones watching that here in India....... Like me.. ;) :p

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Geez, how well are Mumbai travelling? They were slow starters but now they're a powerhouse. Big chance to take out the whole thing in this form.
Get the feeling they sorted out certain things quickly... Firstly, they are getting the sort of pitch that will suit their bowlers, mainly Pollock but also Bravo and to an extent, the likes of Kulkarni or even Raje.. They don't have express bowlers but those guys rely on a bit of movement and short of length bowling and a bit of bounce and they get exactly that kind of pitch at the Wankhede two days in a row now.. Maybe it is a bit of Sachin's influence as he is a very good thinker of the game. Their real test I think would be against a good attack batting first on the same Wankhede track. Once Bravo leaves, they will definitely lose a bit and the likes of Uthappa do not inspire confidence on tracks with a bit of movement even on the best days. I get the feeling Sachin is the one who will have to take the ball and run with it in such an event, and fortunately for Mumbai, he is due...... :)

I think because of Chennai's extremely flimsy bowling (they neither have pace nor bowlers who can rely on movement) there is a very real chance of them not making the top 4... I guess they will come through somehow and get into the semis, but it will be hard work. Mumbai I think are shoe ins.... And with the semis and finals happening at their homeground, they are even favourites to win. And wouldn't that suit Modi... Their highest bidder winning the league and with Mumbai being the commercial capital, it would suit him the best. :)

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Umar Gul injured/unavailable or is it because him and Ganguly had a falling out?
He has simply been dropped. Akhtar had a dream comeback, Ishant is Ishant, Agarkar has performed well in the tournament and so has Dinda - there isn't really a spot for him atm. Although one may have opened up for him after the destruction which Mumbai gave them.

Laurrz

International Debutant
3.20 pm local time: It's a scorching afternoon in Jaipur and Shane Warne's having a bit of fun with the thermometer out on the pitch. The pitch temperature reads a whopping 49 degrees Celsius, it's about 43 degrees in the shade. Warne's normally fielded first if he wins the toss, I wonder if he'll brave the heat today. We've got to wait about ten more minutes for the toss ...

:blink:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
3.20 pm local time: It's a scorching afternoon in Jaipur and Shane Warne's having a bit of fun with the thermometer out on the pitch. The pitch temperature reads a whopping 49 degrees Celsius, it's about 43 degrees in the shade. Warne's normally fielded first if he wins the toss, I wonder if he'll brave the heat today. We've got to wait about ten more minutes for the toss ...

:blink:
Peak summer here dude. People over the north are dying from heatstroke. One of the reasons why I reckon they should try and move the IPL forward a couple of weeks to play as little of the cricket in this heat as possible.

pasag

RTDAS
It's ideal timing for a player like KP to come in. He's pretty much on his own as everyone else has been bought already and there are plenty of teams looking for that one player to turn their fortunes around. Will make an absolute packet.

social

Peak summer here dude. People over the north are dying from heatstroke. One of the reasons why I reckon they should try and move the IPL forward a couple of weeks to play as little of the cricket in this heat as possible.
Still only Spring (I live in Dubai and it's 44 here today - they are predicting a really hot summer here so it's only going to get worse)

Move it forward by 6 weeks and Eng can play plus it wont cut into WI test season

duffer

Still only Spring (I live in Dubai and it's 44 here today - they are predicting a really hot summer here so it's only going to get worse)

Move it forward by 6 weeks and Eng can play plus it wont cut into WI test season
Here they reckon this is the hottest month of the year, so if it gets worse in India later this year then I'm glad I'll be back in Melbourne in a couple of weeks time :laugh:

Rahul choosing to field first in this heat is interesting though. Guess he has no confidence in his batsmen to set a proper target.

pasag

RTDAS
Here they reckon this is the hottest month of the year, so if it gets worse in India later this year then I'm glad I'll be back in Melbourne in a couple of weeks time :laugh:
So cold here, reckon it's one the coldest days in years. Been raining all day as well.

Anyways, my two supported teams going head to head. Hope Bangalore get up in a tight finish.