• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

pasag

RTDAS
Gambhir taking RP to the cleaners.

Domestic cricket here isn't popular by any definition (crowds, TV audiences, word of mouth). Hasn't been truly popular since the crowds flocked to see Bradman in the 30s. I could be living in a different country though.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Domestic cricket here isn't popular by any definition (crowds, TV audiences, word of mouth). Hasn't been truly popular since the crowds flocked to see Bradman in the 30s. I could be living in a different country though.
You're not, it really isn't popular and people who think it is are kidding themselves.

duffer

Oh and this pitch looks a belter right now. With due to play a factor I reckon the Chargers can win even if they have to get 180.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Part-time tripe continues. Why Gilchrist even bothers giving the ball to Venu, I don't know.

One more on the list of part-timers taken to the cleaners.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Dilshan tries to run over the superior arm of Gilchrist, yet again...

...and gets run-out, yet again.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Asif is not far behind...I wonder how many picked him in their CFG teams...

One more selection that backfired is Sehwag- and it pinches, when he was in the running for Orange Cap not too long ago. Not to mention AB de Villiers.

unccricket

School Boy/Girl Captain
deccan chargers seriously need to retool their squad if they are going to be any good:

only gilly, rohit sharma, venugopal rao, and to a lesser extent RP singh and VVS laxman deserve to be in the team.

time to scout england, south africa, and australian domestic comps for new blood. people like hershelle gibbs, vaas, and styris shouldn't be considered.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Shaun Marsh and Rohit Sharma have been so awesome to watch during this tournament. Brilliant cricket strokes, hitting through the line, very stylish, yet effective. (You can say the same for Watson too but I don't like him cos he's annoying)

duffer

Shaun Marsh and Rohit Sharma have been so awesome to watch during this tournament. Brilliant cricket strokes, hitting through the line, very stylish, yet effective. (You can say the same for Watson too but I don't like him cos he's annoying)
Agreed. Although Rohit seems to be finding new ways to get himself out. When he doesn't try to be over elaborate it looks impossible to get him out.

And loving Gautam ever since the T20 in South Africa. That first pull for six was soooo awesome and he's running away with the orange cap now.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I am really liking the look of Amit Mishra, he seems like a most impressive leg spinner. His control of flight and spin is impressive.

duffer

I am really liking the look of Amit Mishra, he seems like a most impressive leg spinner. His control of flight and spin is impressive.
Looks a good player. Him and Piyush for Kumble's spot once he steps down will be a good battle. Both can handle the bat too.