• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** IPL match discussion thread

chalky

International Debutant
Shane Watson & Greame Smith batting together. Has there ever been 2 morre dislikeable cricketers to ever bat together?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wow, Smith skies one which lands about two metres away from where Kumar was standing; only problem is Praveen didn't bother moving towards the ball :laugh:

Sums up Bangalore's season really. Their matches are getting embarrassing now.

pasag

RTDAS
Disappointing, they're alot better than this. They have a very good bowling attack and some class batsmen. Say what you want about Dravid and Kallis, but a side with White and Misbah should be doing alot better than this. As I said before, how much is the mental side of things and low confidence playing a part here? Quite a bit, IMO.

Halfpast_Yellow

U19 Vice-Captain
Sums up just how important mental toughness is in sport. All the whispers point to excellent morale in the Jaipur camp and poor morale and management in the Bangalore camp. Pure player ability plays second fiddle to these sorts of considerations.

duffer

As I said before, how much is the mental side of things and low confidence playing a part here? Quite a bit, IMO.
They look like they've packed it in for this season. Mallya's comments about major changes to the team and his no confidence with Dravid stuff I think was the straw that broke the camel's back here.

At least the other under performing team the Chargers look like they care about playing well and are getting very close to wins. Gilly's leadership must be playing a big factor in that too.

pasag

RTDAS
They look like they've packed it in for this season. Mallya's comments about major changes to the team and his no confidence with Dravid stuff I think was the straw that broke the camel's back here.

At least the other under performing team the Chargers look like they care about playing well and are getting very close to wins. Gilly's leadership must be playing a big factor in that too.
Yeah, pretty poor stuff. Don't know if they need a new, more inspirational captain, a better coach or just a complete culture overhaul, but something is clearly not right.

duffer

Yeah, pretty poor stuff. Don't know if they need a new, more inspirational captain, a better coach or just a complete culture overhaul, but something is clearly not right.
Well they can't get rid of their Icon player for the first three years, any player they release has to be paid their full contracts worth and trading expensive flops won't be easy and you'll never be able to get value for them.

Apart from go all out to get KP, get Bracken back and hope they can turn the teams luck around I don't know what direction they can go. A right mess for them.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Good Job Mr. Mallya. I am just loving it the way these players are sticking it to him. I hope he choses his own team from his Kingfisher staff next year, because no cricketer worth his salt would want to play for such an Idiot.

pasag

RTDAS
Well they can't get rid of their Icon player for the first three years, any player they release has to be paid their full contracts worth and trading expensive flops won't be easy and you'll never be able to get value for them.

Apart from go all out to get KP, get Bracken back and hope they can turn the teams luck around I don't know what direction they can go. A right mess for them.
Not really advocating them getting rid of him, perhaps give the captaincy to someone else though, maybe Kumble can do a better job of rallying the troops. Dunno.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
41 runs in 10 overs for 5 wickets. It is hillarious. Mallya is going to implode.

Edit , It is 42 in 11. LMAO.

duffer

Not really advocating them getting rid of him, perhaps give the captaincy to someone else though, maybe Kumble can do a better job of rallying the troops. Dunno.
I think Anil needs to figure out how to bowl in T20's first. 1 wicket in 6 matches should mean his spot in the team would be in question under normal circumstances.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Shane Warne 4 overs 3/23
we are not worthy

is there a cap for the highest wicket taker?

sounds like he is bowling hand grenades out there