• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2013/14

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
I do however think that Domingo is a very negative coach and probably not the right fit for the team. I was honestly surprised about our fifth day performance here with him at the helm.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slightly cheeky moment on National Radio NZ this morning when the main anchor said that his immediate thought was "of Hansie Cronje and Indian Bookmakers" when the sports reporter said that South Africa had blocked out the last 3 overs to accept a draw.

A little harsh, methinks, given South Africa have a track record of conservatism in such circumstances.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
**** me just got home and I will stick the highlights straight on this mother****er. Gutted I missed this live.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow. Absolutely crazy.

Was bloody stupid for South Africa to block it out after Faf went out. The win was there for the taking.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I have to give AB his due for once, as well. He's now significantly helped save a Test twice, in different ways, and different circumstances.

Although I can still call him a choker.

Lasereyes

Cricket Spectator
Can't believe you guys slate Smith and AB when they are substantially responsible for taking you to #1 in the world. Your record, especially away from home is the envy of all other supporters.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Remember that Morkel couldn't bat and that Tahir is a genuine bunny.
He still averages about 14 at FC cricket. Not like he's Chris Martin-esque. And it isn't like they needed to bat that crazily either.

Last edited:

Heboric

International Debutant
I still call BS to people who say they would definately have gone for it. It is very easy to say that in hindsight, would you honestly take a gamble like that in a two match series at home against an opposition that has never won a Test series in South Africa

Again BS

He still averages about 14 at FC cricket. Not like he's Chris Martin-esque. And it isn't like they needed to bat that crazily either.
This is Test cricket remember, Dhoni could set everyone on the boundary.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dhoni did and they refused singles which if they hadn't, would have left them with about 8 runs in the final over. That would have been with them taking no risks at all.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Steyn hitting a 6 of the last ball was one of the best finishes I've seen.

They could have gotten there just by taking the singles Dhoni was offering them

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Fantastic game and the finish was obviously an anticlimax. Disappointed SA didnt go for it but I understand why. They clearly had a plan and got close when Faf was there. They stuck to their plan and got the draw. As a viewer I was disappointed but a quick wicket after Faf was run out and the game could have been a disaster.

social

Fantastic game and the finish was obviously an anticlimax. Disappointed SA didnt go for it but I understand why. They clearly had a plan and got close when Faf was there. They stuck to their plan and got the draw. As a viewer I was disappointed but a quick wicket after Faf was run out and the game could have been a disaster.
Difference between a very good and great team - cannot imagine a Warne, etc blocking it out

Equivalent of a fighter that has been on the ropes for 11 rounds finally connecting and then backing off because he is happy just to make the end

andyc

God I hate two Test series. Means that **** like this happens because a loss in the first Test means your toast. Deadset needs to be a 3 Test minimum for all tours.

I, of course, blame the BCCI.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
an injection of boof lehmann's have a beer culture would have lead to an SA victory no doubt