• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India and England in Australia ODI Tri-Series 2015

anil1405

International Captain
Yadav should make this game count. If there is one positive that India NEEDS (rather than hope) then it is for Yadav to deliver. Its the sort of pitch we expect him to make an impact and improve as a bowler.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yadav's accuracy is really so poor. Possibly a product of not having played any form of proper cricket till he hit his 20s.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Commentators remarking on Finn's polite respect in interviews and opposing players holding a non-hostile conversation like they're two incredible events.

Australian cricket, everyone.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
How did Finn bowl? Does he look to have a bit of that confidence back? England could really do with a firing Finn in the Test line-up.

anil1405

International Captain
Sometimes I wonder if Indian players ever contemplate about small things on the pitch that make a decent difference to the game. Bell, for example, was out for a golden duck in the last game so it would've made sense to probe him with the off stump line and make him work for his runs.

Does anyone in the dressing room ever tell them the significance of bowling six good deliveries in an over? Assuming our bowlers were not used to hitting the right line and lengths in domestic cricket, how tough is it to ask such bowlers to maintain line and length at international level?

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Hick and Ramps - underwhelming together throughout the 90s. Unfulfilled promise was guaranteed to remain unfulfilled in that era. Hussain barely made it through that pox-afflicted period.
To be fair I think back then every bowling lineup had at least one very good/atg in it, so high 20s was like high 30s now. Still, over 50 tests thats shocking. I guess the alternatives were as bad/worse.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nasser remember when you said it's too early for Indian fans to be chirping and I said it's the perfect time. This is why :p

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Lol, yeah. I was expecting your bowlers to get trashed and Kohli & co to smash hundreds in turn though. Not get rolled in >40 overs and Binny take an early wicket opening the bowling.

flibbertyjibber

Wow, how crap must India have been to let Finn get a Michelle?

Nice scorecard to wake up to. Series is a bit crap though, 3 games and not one decent one yet.

Stapel

International Regular
I must say I'm impresed by England's performance so far, as well as by their line-up.

They bat deep enough, with Woakes at 8 and Broad at 9. And today Bopara and Root weren't used as bowlers. So, fine balance. And some reasonable ok back-up players in Hales, Ballance, Jordan, Stokes and Tredwell. Maybe England are not as bad as many seem to think.

flibbertyjibber

Wow, India's fielding has been terrible. Overthrows, misfields and they look like they don't care.

Good to see Kohli back on the field, don't want him to miss World Cup.

Last edited:

BigBrother

U19 12th Man
Commentators remarking on Finn's polite respect in interviews and opposing players holding a non-hostile conversation like they're two incredible events.

Australian cricket, everyone.
They were just baffled it was Kholi that was non-hostile. That is an unique event. Think it was Bumble that brought up or put the conversation towards Finn's politeness too.

You are being very harsh on them. I watched the whole test series with Aus commentary and dudes like Mark Taylor and Ian Chappel were always going on and on about how they are not liking the sledging and how referees should step in and blah blah blah. It was to a very obnoxious extent actually.

So much so that it made wish they would just STFU about it already and that I might have mute the volume to stop listening to this.

Last edited: