• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can do without your moral indignation. He invented a straw man rather than debating what I'd actually posted. By pointing out that he's an experienced poster with a pretentious-sounding title I was merely trying to prick the conscience of one who should be setting a good example, not posting dishonestly. Not too surprised to see you line up behind such tactics as you normally post even more drivel than he does.
I think you chose the wrong target there - the way I read it the straw man is flibberty's, but then he's a yorkie, and I don't think he was mocking you anyway

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think he's way past kidding himself there.

Haddin's serviceable when on song, but not in the same league.
Yeah, Haddin was also Larry Holmes following Gilly's Ali. Gets the job done and a fine exponent in his own right but how do you follow someone like the Wingnut?

Gilly also somewhat made people forget what fantastic keeper Healy was in his own right. I reckon he's the best glove man I've seen play for Aus. Would like JBMAC's views on this. I only go back as far as Marsh.

Burgey

Wright takes out Newton 5-4. Epic finish.

Noted Brett Lee look-a-like Simon The Wizard Whitlock is next up.

Son Of Coco

Yeah, difference between gun speed and what the bloke at the other end is coping with. Johnson bowling 90+ is nothing new at all but he's managing to make it look like 110+ at the moment. Sometimes, ****s just get everything right and they look unplayable; speed, seam, length. Johnson's also doing it easy because he's fit as. If a bloke is bowling 90+ for a couple of overs, you can get through it (well, y'know, not me but someone who can bat....). Someone doing it all day and then he arcs up even more if he takes a wicket at quarter to six, **** that.
I was going to post yesterday that I thought Harris appeared to rush the batsman more at times because he moves it around a bit more. Johnson's bouncer certainly gives most players the hurry up though. He's clearly fairly sharp!

Son Of Coco

Okay. I don't think it is. One of the things you always here from commentators is how bowlers should treat tail enders the same as any other player and just bowl top of off etc, particularly when plans to them aren't working. It's a massive thing in this series that the tail has got almost exculsively short stuff when they've got no idea against it and really proves that old rhetoric wrong if not misguided. They are all pretty reasonable batsmen, who are acutally really effective when you bowl to them like normal batters, but they've looked like schoolgirls.
I think it depends. The English tail have been targeted with short stuff and it's worked because they're clearly clueless against it. What England were doing bouncing Lyon yesterday so often was a bit of a waste of time however.

benchmark00

1. I forgot to mention how glorious is was to see Siddle at #10.
2. It's time to reignite my 'Siddle is a number 11' campaign. Lyon for 10!

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Yeah, Haddin was also Larry Holmes following Gilly's Ali. Gets the job done and a fine exponent in his own right but how do you follow someone like the Wingnut?

Gilly also somewhat made people forget what fantastic keeper Healy was in his own right. I reckon he's the best glove man I've seen play for Aus. Would like JBMAC's views on this. I only go back as far as Marsh.
Agreed on Healy being the best Aus keeper ive seen also.

morgieb

I never saw Healy play, so I can't say.

Most people seem to rate Tallon as the best pure keeper to play for Australia.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
Australia will almost certainly try to play their shots and avoid getting into a hole, so we need to play our usual negative defensive stuff to have any chance IMO.

Having said that we have literally no chance.