• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Perhaps so. But if England tanked India 3-0 but were then bummed 5-0 by Australia, no-one would care a jott about India
Yes. I acknowledged that in my first post and was just taking the piss with Burgey.

Still doesn't mean you ignore Cook's previous successes due to ONE tour (as bad as this has been)

GuyFromLancs

State Vice-Captain
Yes. I acknowledged that in my first post and was just taking the piss with Burgey.

Still doesn't mean you ignore Cook's previous successes due to ONE tour (as bad as this has been)
Perhaps it's harsh, but the Ashes are the event in English cricket.

And our performances have been ****ing horrible. I'm not even angry anymore. It's defeated me. I view it as comedy now

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yes. England are very **** right now.

Give Cook a chance to lead them out of it with new players (Stokes, Root etc.)

Will pay off in the long run I reckon.

Riggins

International Captain
The thing that has struck me this series is how incompetent the england tail have looked. I mean the tail (in cricket in general) frequently makes not many, because usually its full of average-at-best batsmen - but throughout the whole series it's seemed a surprise if the last 4 wickets put on more than 10. I can't remember that ever being the case, even with McGrath and Warne. 'My boi' Mitch deserves some serious credit for that, it must be a massive boost to have total confidence that a team is 6 out all out (and the later the serious goes, often 4 or 5 out - all out.)

Spark

Global Moderator
I mean, it wasn't that long ago that we were talking up Bresnan-Broad-Swann-Anderson as one of the most overpowered lower orders in cricket history.

uvelocity

International Coach
nah tails used to suck, but the last 10 years or so (and ironically i reckon england kind of led the revolution) tails are so much less taily

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I mean, it wasn't that long ago that we were talking up Bresnan-Broad-Swann-Anderson as one of the most overpowered lower orders in cricket history.
Think it shows a couple of things, how well Johnson has bowled and how he has got into the England players minds. Deadly combination.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Think it shows a couple of things, how well Johnson has bowled and how he has got into the England players minds. Deadly combination.
yeah definitely. he's obviously bowled fast and accurately to them, but they've batted like idiots. Broad's legside bowled in Adelaide was proof he did not want to have a bar of Mitch's pace.

Riggins

International Captain
There's such a massive difference between bowling 140 and 150, and the general public especially just don't get it.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I can't say I watched it, went to bed at Lunch, not going to bother to watch the replays, but it's not really surprising, the batting is shot. Needs major surgery.

Riggins

International Captain
Yeah more than just the speeds, for me the big thing was that last time he was alright pace but he never really rushed blokes last time like he's been doing here, more than just actually getting to bowl at the tail this series. I've sat behind the bowlers arm for days both series. Last time he seemed sharp but wayward, remember saying to dad he'd be tough if he got it right, but he never did (**** perth) . Watching it this series it's like watching someone on another level, I can't imagine facing it, it's seriously, seriously, quick. That over to Root day 1 melbourne was the quickest over i've seen live by a mile.

Just one blokes opinion though, obviously.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah definitely. but i still don't think he was bowling this fast last time out either.
This is also true. I think the two go hand in hand with Mitch, the quicker he is bowling, the more accurate he seems to be. Must be something to do with the rhythm he gets into. It's pretty scary really.

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm also glad I went to bed when I did, that Cook/Carberry false dawn would have probably given me some fruitless hope.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
A Durhamesque spell from Broad is what I'm counting on. Hopefully in the morning session. All ten wickets. Coz I tired but gonna have to see this one through tonight

Riggins

International Captain
Yeah one of the big things with fast bowling, is that when it's really fast, the only place blokes score is way behind square, even if it *should* go in front, which makes the bad balls look less bad. (half volley through gully always looks like a better ball than a half volley which goes though extra cover [obviously extreme examples])