• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, and look, I'm not trying to be inflammatory, but he shouldn't have been booed. I booed Ponting when he came out to bat at Headingley last summer, but when he went to 50, I clapped him, and when he got out, clapped him even more, for a great innings.

Don't blame the Aussie fans though really as I know that as a supporter you really believe your players at times like that.

edit - should add, the whole ground applauded him, not just me
It's not a question though of believing or not - this isn't Sydney vs India where it's a he said, I said thing. It's a decision gone against you is all.

It will all depend on what Ponting said to the umpire I suppose, only Dar will be able to enlighten us I guess. WTF Siddle was involvedfor is beyond me.

Last edited:

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Trott's all class.

Wish he'd been given out though, would like to see Ponting bat tonight. Seems fired up.

Jacknife

International Captain
It's not a question though of believing or not - this isn't Sydney vs India where it's a he said, I said thing. It's a decision gone against you is all.

It will all depend in what Ponting said to the umpire I suppose, only Dar will be a le to enlighten us I guess. WTF Siddle was involvedfor is beyond me.
Where was Siddle stood?

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Think you are living in la la land if you expect to like every opponent.
Nothing to do with liking an opponent but respecting them. Maybe Im having a coming-of-age moment at the grand old age of 34 but having grown up holding the way Aussies play cricket on a pedesal, this series is a bit of an eye opener.

91Jmay

International Coach

It will all depend in what Ponting said to the umpire I suppose, only Dar will be a le to enlighten us I guess. WTF Siddle was involvedfor is beyond me.

Considering the correct decision was made, he has no leg to stand on does old chimpy.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Trott is one of them, like Sidebottom when he came in in 07, and Swann I suppose, where you think, um, why weren't you picked earlier???