• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Spark

Global Moderator
Indeed. As far as I know no one in our cricket team has cheated, bribed, been abusive in public, harassed, raped or assaulted anyone.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Agree that no-one died but articles criticising people for taking sport seriously in this country are pretty boring too. What happened to 'to each their own'? Just as odious to go after the manic sport types.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
The most annoying thing about that was the fact that I'm sure people will use them against Haddin in six months when we have the biannual Haddin keeping debate.
Haddin is bloody good, both as a bat and as a keeper.. Don't understand all the fuss about him not cutting it at all, tbh..

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Thought the sprinkler was kind of funny. Went out on the piss last night and there were literally thousands of poms drinking everywhere. Gave a bit of lip to a group of English blokes in a pub and they all responded by doing a group sprinkler.

I also went to the Barmy Army sponsored pub for a while just to check it out. The reduced cost of beer didn't make up for the constant chanting.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Agree that no-one died but articles criticising people for taking sport seriously in this country are pretty boring too. What happened to 'to each their own'? Just as odious to go after the manic sport types.
No I disagree with that part too.. I take sports, well cricket to be precise very seriously too but I can also handle defeats. And I thing calling one Ashes defeat in Australia in 24 years a disgrace is itself a disgrace. And it is not over yet...it could very well be 2-2. That exaggeration in the media is what I am criticising.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
No, you just being a ****wit making ridiculous assertions that players' records count for nothing. The existence of a thing called "cricket chat" likely suggests you're wrong.
lol.. Marcuss is arguing that stats are the best way to judge players over on another thread, isn't he? :confused:

howardj

International Coach
That was a limp and spiritless showing.

Getting out for 98 and then folding in the 2nd innings, shows this team has little grit, application and heart.

If the game is not on their terms, like Perth or the conditions are tough, then it's just too much of an effort for them.

Having said that, hats off to the Poms. They have been very good.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

Getting out for 98 and then folding in the 2nd innings, shows this team has little grit, application and heart.

If the game is not on their terms, like Perth or the conditions are tough, then it's just too much of an effort for them.

I think Hussey showed some good ticker in a couple of tight situations in earlier games. I was trying to think of great aussie fighters the other day...Andrew Symonds used to be good in those situations.

Furball

Evil Scotsman

Here's a novel idea. The opposition were better than you.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
When this happens to Australia, it automatically means the players aren't trying or the selectors are idiots. Australia have a god-given right to be the best side in the world and if they aren't, someone has seriously ****ed up and wholesale changes need to be made. Haven't you heard?

vcs

Playing badly and the opposition playing well aren't mutually exclusive TBF. Two innings defeats at home would be taken badly by any country, even if it was against an ATG team.

howardj

International Coach
When this happens to Australia, it automatically means the players aren't trying or the selectors are idiots. Australia have a god-given right to be the best side in the world and if they aren't, someone has seriously ****ed up and wholesale changes need to be made. Haven't you heard?
lol they're your words drongo.

I think I acknowledged the excellence of the Poms.

Most reasonable would think that collapsing for 98 on the same day the opposition is 0/160 would merit some criticism on a discussion forum.

Maybe we should run all posts through you first.

Burgey

Rank criticism given the content of the post itself.

And yes, history suggests there is a divine right in us being number one.

This temporary aberration will be corrected within a year or two and we will be on our merry way once more to another 10+ years of dominance.

flibbertyjibber

And yes, history suggests there is a divine right in us being number one.

This temporary aberration will be corrected within a year or two and we will be on our merry way once more to another 10+ years of dominance.
Going to genetically modify some robots to play then are you as the players you have aren't good enough to get anywhere near the top at present. Will take much longer than a year or two.

Burgey

Going to genetically modify some robots to play then are you as the players you have aren't good enough to get anywhere near the top at present. Will take much longer than a year or two.
Will only take that long for England's inflated sense of self worth to bring them down, as it did after 2005. We'll creep up the rankings by default that way :)