• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Trent Bridge

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Hard to tell what's par here, the Aussie batting suddenly looks strong with the tail as it is, I'd say 350, and right now England are probably on course for around 380.

U19 12th Man
About even stevens so far. Bowling making things look tougher than they are imo, very good stuff from the quicks, and early signs good from Agar. This is a 400 wicket I reckon

Cricket Brain

School Boy/Girl Captain
Not a bad first session and was good to pick up a couple of wickets. Definitely need to reduce the amount of boundaries being hit - way too many so far. I think the second session is going to be pretty important in setting up the test. Keep bowling bad balls and England could be 200/2 at tea with the likes of Bell and Prior to come. Need to bowl tighter and take a few wickets to get stuck into Bairstow and the lower order.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Been a while since I can remember us opening up with close to 100

Pretty even session on the balance of the score alone
Yeah not a bad session for either side.

Really can't decide if Australia have bowled well or not though.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The outfield is fast but England put the loose ball away very nicely. 18 fours from 26 overs is way too many from an Australian perspective.

Ruckus

International Captain
slight ad to England so far I reckon, feel like we should have taken more wickets there given how much the ball was swinging for a good deal of the session.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
You'd think England would be slightly the happier there but two fer is reasonably even. Trott batting really well, KP understandably rusty. All our quicks have bowled some testing balls, occasionally the line a bit off but not too bad.

Decent all round session.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I think England are ahead, they've scored probably 20 runs more than we would like. I would have been happy with 78/2 and thought that was even - 3 runs per over.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
After the first 6 overs I was getting myself into panic mode and foreseeing some carnage in this first session........happy to take 2 down at lunch. Any chance of the sun making an appearance this afternoon??

Spark

Global Moderator
Any time you start using the words "slight advantage" on the first session of a Test it's more or less even

Uppercut

Yeah not a bad session for either side.

Really can't decide if Australia have bowled well or not though.
They've been atrocious to Trott but fairly good to everyone else.

Maybe needed to make more of the first half-hour though. There was serious swing but their lines were off.

Handsome Harry

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
After the first 6 overs I was getting myself into panic mode and foreseeing some carnage in this first session........happy to take 2 down at lunch. Any chance of the sun making an appearance this afternoon??
Honours shared imo. An understandably nervous start for the boys. Cook's a very good pick up but when will learn not to bowl straight to Trott?

Burgey

They've been atrocious to Trott but fairly good to everyone else.

Maybe needed to make more of the first half-hour though. There was serious swing but their lines were off.
Down side to that method though, isn't it? Happier they were straying on the full side than dotting it up back of a length and not threatening as much. Trott's been excellent though.