• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at the Gabba

Ruckus

International Captain
I don't like where this match is heading...England starting to regain the advantage, and Siddle still the best of the bowlers. That's bang on target for the worst case scenario.

tooextracool

International Coach
Again an even session IMO, impressed with Cook's solid performance after lunch since I thought he looked a bit vulnerable in the first session. Bell's looked confident too, and if they can guide England to a score of 5 or 6 for, say 270 at close, I'd say England will have edged the first day.
Have you even seen the pitch? anything less than 400 in the first dig and australia will be quite happy.

Ruckus

International Captain
Have you even seen the pitch? anything less than 400 in the first dig and australia will be quite happy.
The pitch is very good for batting, but the weather is going to be hit and miss for the next few days. If Australia happen to bat when the conditions are really overcast, anything much above 250 will be very tough to chase. England happened to have batted in good conditions, where it's mostly been sunny.

tooextracool

International Coach
True, but have to give Cook some credit for his patience. The guy has clearly realised he has a bit of a fallibility driving through the off-side so he's just put that shot away. He's left an awful lot to the pace bowlers outside off and has forced them to bowl straighter.

Edit: Sky just showed map of Cook's innings - he's attacked about 6 deliveries outside off-stump all innings.
A bit disappointed to see that he has reverted back to his old technique.He batted with intense concentration today but we all know that if he continues to bat the way he did todayt, he wont be scoring too many when there is a bit of juice in the pitch

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Really disagree, reckon that it's certainly not that much of a road. Australia's groupings haven't been that consistent, and haven't applied pressure for long enough.

BTW... Sidsy!

Riggins

International Captain
5 minutes ago put money into my sportsbet account and onto Cook being the next man out, Sick!

**** I love pete siddle.

tooextracool

International Coach
The pitch is very good for batting, but the weather is going to be hit and miss for the next few days. If Australia happen to bat when the conditions are really overcast, anything much above 250 will be very tough to chase. England happened to have batted in good conditions, where it's mostly been sunny.
Maybe so but they've wasted a monumental opportunity to put Australia out of the game and tossed away the clear advantage they had at the toss. Its hardly something to be pleased about at the end of the day.