• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* First Test at Swalec Stadium, Cardiff

Craig

World Traveller
Completely unrelated but Today Tonight's interview with Midge's Mum was absolutely hilarious. She presents as a bit of a control freak and he as a total mummy's boy.

Not that I put too much into the analysis.
You watched TT? :-O I try and watch World News Australia on SBS instead (ignoring that Asian news presenter).

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Love the way how I always get laid low during a test series.. Glandular fever when NZ played WI, and an operation on my leg during the ashes.. Top notch timing
Is the operation related to the spider bite?

I just realised today my school has Sky Live (saw the box - we've had it for 3 months), and wondered if I might be able to catch the cricket. Will have to check it out, could be spending some late nights at school for the next month or so, especially during the summer holidays.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Yeah? I really enjoyed it, the first session in particular. Was a cracker.
First & third sessions were both good test for me, but the second rather drifted, especially when Clarke and Hauritz were wheeling in and being milked.

Interestingly (or maybe not) it was the only session we won too, so make of that what you will.

Langeveldt

Soutie
Is the operation related to the spider bite?

I just realised today my school has Sky Live (saw the box - we've had it for 3 months), and wondered if I might be able to catch the cricket. Will have to check it out, could be spending some late nights at school for the next month or so, especially during the summer holidays.
Yeah, had to have some stuff done to my leg, was a violin spider that did the damage.. Was a possibility I would need a skin graft but it seems to be healing by itself now.. Have just finished my first course of antibiotics and the doc says I can just chill out and make sure the wound stays clean.. sounds good to me!

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Completely unrelated but Today Tonight's interview with Midge's Mum was absolutely hilarious. She presents as a bit of a control freak and he as a total mummy's boy.

What sort of parent comes out with that story while their kid's on the other side of the world.

She's met Bratich - of course he moved over to her ffs.

Mother in "I hate son's gf shocker".

Uppercut

First & third sessions were both good test for me, but the second rather drifted, especially when Clarke and Hauritz were wheeling in and being milked.

Interestingly (or maybe not) it was the only session we won too, so make of that what you will.
Just goes to show that batsmen batting well is really boring.

four_or_six

Cricketer Of The Year

You mean she actually did an interview as well as those newspaper articles? Weird.

Top_Cat

What sort of parent comes out with that story while their kid's on the other side of the world.

She's met Bratich - of course he moved over to her ffs.

Mother in "I hate son's gf shocker".
He moved across the country to get away from her - nuff said.

My God, the MacGill/Mo/Marto panel is painful talking about KP. Really terrible.

Interview with Rod Hogg now. Get him out there, he wouldn't disgrace himself and would give the attack some chest hair.

Woodster

International Captain
Hoping Swanny and Broady can edge us nearer to 400 with some attacking and enterprising cricket this morning. If we can get some momentum going in at the change of innings will be a big boost, and hopefully Jimmy can swing it round corners and remove a couple of early ones.

pasag

RTDAS

Saw the promo for that yesterday. Horrible stuff.

Craig

World Traveller
You mean she actually did an interview as well as those newspaper articles? Weird.
Today Tonight and ACA are two trailer park trash tabloid programs. If I were a dicatator I would do everybody a favour and ban both programs. Wouldn't change anything else.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Just goes to show that batsmen batting well is really boring.
Not quite as black and white tho, IMHO. Prior batted beautifully, but was constantly being challenged by Siddle and Hilfy, which made for good test cricket. Ponting just seemed prepared to sit in with his spinners and wait for the error in the arvo session.

With some justifcation as it turned out, but still doesn't make for an enthralling watch.

Craig

World Traveller
Not quite as black and white tho, IMHO. Prior batted beautifully, but was constantly being challenged by Siddle and Hilfy, which made for good test cricket. Ponting just seemed prepared to sit in with his spinners and wait for the error in the arvo session.

With some justifcation as it turned out, but still doesn't make for an enthralling watch.
Typically Ponting then?

Top_Cat

So, when they eventually get in the field, thoughts on who's likely to take the new cherry for England?

Uppercut

Yeah, i was over-simplifying. But the bowlers being on top is almost always more entertaining in test cricket than the batsmen being on top IMO.