• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* Fantasy Premier League 2013/14

cpr

International Coach
Why not, who else are Chelsea going to fall back on up front? Torres is shot, Costa needs time to get used to the English game.

Reckon Jose will give Drogba some game time early in the season, and I wouldn't bet against him notching the odd goal here and there. A very cheap pick too. Was also quickly picking to set the league up.

Idea was to have him as the 3rd choice striker. I'm laughing more at the idea Welbeck was value for money.... Might switch him out instead.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Well the ideal would be just picking what you thought was the best XI with the limitations at hand (money and maximum of 3 per club) and the algorithms assessing who performed the best. I understand that's a bit ambitious though.

I loath the fact that my defence and midfield can play well and still do terribly because they basically have to score or hope no one else ****s up to accumulate points.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Anyway, got my team sorted:

Courtois

Debuchy
Skirtel
Luis
Baines

Coutinho
Ramsey
Kagawa
Nasri

Jovetic
Costa

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Well the ideal would be just picking what you thought was the best XI with the limitations at hand (money and maximum of 3 per club) and the algorithms assessing who performed the best. I understand that's a bit ambitious though.

I loath the fact that my defence and midfield can play well and still do terribly because they basically have to score or hope no one else ****s up to accumulate points.

I do get what you mean. Can be annoying that some absolute gun midfielders are of little value but that's the game I guess.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
The Yahoo Sports one has points for a lot more stuff like tackles, blocking shots etc. They use opta stats I think

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I've ripped off one of cpr's old team names. I hope he doesn't mind but for no good reason I find that pun really, really funny.

Speroni/Krul

Cahill
Debuchy
Evans
Clichy
Bruce

Toure
Ramsey
Sterling
Young
Adam

Costa
Welbeck
Wickham

cpr

International Coach
Nice, think that was last years name, came up with it all by my self n all!

Proud of this years effort from my old mind - Though as usual seen come crackers about - Scousehampton, MovesLikeAgger, Leave My Arsealona, Nothing Really Mata's, Tea & Busquets.... Though for sickening reasons, I think Raoul Moatdrid might take the crown for me....

cpr

International Coach
Injuries force my hand before game one, so out go Zabaletta, Drogba, Shelvey and Welbeck.... In come Skrtel, Henderson, Bojan and Dzeko

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Team for week one:

De Gea

Lovren
Koralov
Terry
Debuchy

Ramsey
Sanchez (vc)
Nolan
Henderson

Dzeko
Rooney (c)

Subs:

Krul
Sidwell
Vlaar
Nugent

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Used my Wildcard in the International break, as my team was ****e, not a bad move to get Aguero in, and make him captain.

cpr

International Coach
Were not very good at actually logging in and following it TBH. This slips quicker than my New Year resolutions every time.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, IIRC a load of my players got injured in the second week or something and after that I just cbf.

Someone care to show a table of the standings?