• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*OFFICIAL* Fantasy Premier League 2013/14

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I won last year without RvP
Jammily. Bloke on your subs bench scores a hat-trick versus Manure. Hateful, really. :whistling:

But, seriously, with Bale injured (and probz off) and Suarez suspended, RvP is the obvious go-to man for points.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Jammily. Bloke on your subs bench scores a hat-trick versus Manure. Hateful, really. :whistling:

But, seriously, with Bale injured (and probz off) and Suarez suspended, RvP is the obvious go-to man for points.
Haha, there is a reason why we have a 15 man squad. Obviously you were impressed, you've gone and named him captain this week.

Man U have a difficult start to the year, which isn't necessarily too big a problem for RvP, but that was my justification for not even thinking about him. I don't think I'll buy though this year anyway, it just limits the number of 8.5 to 9.5 midfielders you can have and I like having quality there.

Off to a good start with Sturridge.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Hart
Cole - Kompany - Garrido - Baines
Hernandez - Silva - Hazard - Lennon
Anelka - Agbonlahor

Steklenburg - Aspas - Shelvey - P Jones

is my team for week one.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yay, I'm winning.

Yeah, I know it's provisional, I know the week isn't over, I know I've got no players in Tonights match, I know the comp is weakened by not having DCYEs in but still I'll take it.

I think it's the only time I've ever been leading.

cpr

International Coach
Not too far behind. Up against you in the head to head next n all, could be a juicy one.

King Pietersen

International Captain
I'm having an absolute shocker. Have picked what I'd consider a pretty solid team on paper, but just not getting points. Going to persist with it though, and bank on the likes of RVP, Lampard, Shaw, Benteke, Johnson and Michu to come good.

cpr

International Coach
Got a kicking this week as didn't manage to get online much at the back end of the week, so sat with an injury to Skelenberg, suspended Steven Taylor and half retired Anelka. Hoping for an RVP hat trick tonight (esp as I have no Chelsea players)

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I should have went for the Foster+Fonte combo instead of Boruc+anyone else this week. Still happy enough with my start.

Also, does there seem to be more bonus points being awarded this year? It just seems a bit wrong that six defenders in the ManU Chelsea game received multiple bonus points. That BPS should give out half points or something to separate performances.

Last edited:

grecian

Yeah, they're throwing around bonus points like confetti, think all the 4 of theArse defenders got at least one yesterday.

Anyway, ding-dong battle at the top, had a poor week, but expected have a fair few Chelsea players and Benteke, so I had to rely on the dregs, so not too disappointed especially as my cap'n had a stinker.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
What determines how the bonus points are allocated anyway? Has always been a bit of a mystery to me.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Basically a fairly rubbish way that is not indicative of who the best players on the pitch actually were..

Players score BPS points based on the following statistics (one point for each unless otherwise stated):

Playing in a game
Playing over 60 minutes
Scoring goals
Goalkeepers and defenders (4 points)
Midfielders (6 points)
Forwards (8 points)
Assists (3 points)
Goalkeepers and defenders keeping a clean sheet (4 points)
Saving a penalty (5 points)
For every 3 saves
For every 3 open play crosses
Creating a big chance (a chance where the receiving player should score)
For every 8 clearances, blocks and interceptions (total)
For every 8 recoveries
Providing 3 key passes
Making 3 successful tackles (net*)
Scoring the goal that wins a match
Pass Completion (after making at least 30 passes)
70% completion (1 point)
80% completion (2 points)
90% completion (3 points)
*Net successful tackles is the total of all successful tackles minus any unsuccessful tackles. Players will not be awarded negative BPS points for this statistic.

Players lose BPS points based on the following statistics (one point for each unless otherwise stated):

Conceding a penalty
Missing a penalty (-2 points)
Yellow cards
Red cards (-3 points)
Own goals (-2 points)
Missing a big chance
Making an error which leads to a goal
Every 2 errors leading to an attempt at goal
Being tackled 3 times
Conceding 2 fouls
Being caught offside 3 times
Missing the target with 3 shots

The lack of goals to start the year has just made the fullbacks get the majority of the bonus points so far. As soon as we see games where both teams score, it should change I think. I bought in Lukaku as soon as the trade deal to Everton happened without seeing they play Chelsea next GW, oops.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Can't believe I got the 2nd highest score of everyone in the head to head league and managed to be playing the massive **** who got the highest :blowup:

grecian

bleeding hell just looked at NUFans team, gawd your ****ing lucky, Oscar switching to cap'n and 14 points from the bench, when your first designated sub scored o.

Yes I am bitter.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
bleeding hell just looked at NUFans team, gawd your ****ing lucky, Oscar switching to cap'n and 14 points from the bench, when your first designated sub scored o.

Yes I am bitter.
Yeah I've been lucky the past 2 weeks really after making some wrong decisions and injuries have actually helped me out. Boruc and Fonte have been really good for me too.

I'm a bit tempted to bring in RVP this week if I find out he's fit and available as Man Utd start having an easier draw now. It's just a bit hard to work out which 2 of Soldado, Benteke, Walcott and Silva to get rid off. I'll probably bring in Hull's Aluko or Brady who looked great against an admittedly terrible Newcastle defense. I wouldn't mind jumping on the Ozil bandwagon at some point soon too before his value gets too high.