• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2023/24

Socerer 01

International Captain
What's wrong with that statement,Bowen was a big miss, but Kudus and Paquetá are ****ing quality and Antonio has his moments.
its decent but every prem team has solid to great forwards by that metric

Antonio doesnt belong here either anymore

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Villa finishing in style today.
I shouldn't worry, we've been doing that to everyone lately. What's unusual about our performances under Glasner is that we're actually beating teams above us in the league, and pretty comfortably at that. Previous regimes saw us doing what we had to do against weaker sides and usually knowing our place against the big boys. Naturally, being Palace, the talk on the boards isn't 100% happy. Most of it concerns who'll be leaving over the summer. Olise to Man Utd seems to be a given. Ditto Guehi. And Eze is expected to go somewhere, maybe to City. Mateta's form has improved so much that PSG are supposed to be interested. And, even more worrying that that lot, Glasner is being touted at the next man in charge at Bayern Munich.

Last edited:

Socerer 01

International Captain
I shouldn't worry, we've been doing that to everyone lately. What's unusual about our performances under Glasner is that we're actually beating teams above us in the league, and pretty comfortably at that. Previous regimes saw us doing what we had to do against weaker sides and usually knowing our place against the big boys. Naturally, being Palace, the talk on the boards isn't 100% happy. Most of it concerns who'll be leaving over the summer. Olise to Man Utd seems to be a given. Ditto Guehi. And Eze is expected to go somewhere, maybe to City. Mateta's form has improved so much that PSG are supposed to be interested. And, even more worrying that that lot, Glasner is being touted at the next man in charge at Bayern Munich.
lol Glasner just came in recently, surely he aint leaving so soon?

Skipper Pup

U19 Debutant
Agree with Rodri in principle there and all things we've touched on already in here.

.... another key difference he fails to point out however are the 115 charges that could taint the entire achievement :p

Molehill

International Captain
I ended up watching the final round of games in a bar in Lisbon where a number of games were streamed onto different screens. I see a new breed of football fan has arrived, it's the one who gets scores updated on his phone, then tells the whole bar about a goal before it has appeared on screen.

What kind of special attention seeking **** does that?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I ended up watching the final round of games in a bar in Lisbon where a number of games were streamed onto different screens. I see a new breed of football fan has arrived, it's the one who gets scores updated on his phone, then tells the whole bar about a goal before it has appeared on screen.

What kind of special attention seeking **** does that?
& yet, were you to stick a fork into his windpipe, you'd be the criminal.

There's no justice...

Chin Music

State 12th Man
Paquetá has apparently agreed personal teams with City if reports are true :(
It has been doing the rounds for months that he was likely to join City. There is an issue of a betting investigation in Brazil where apparently his family bet on him to accrue a number of yellow cards. As soon as that gets resolved, the move will be likely to go ahead.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Wasn't this basically a done deal around a year ago only for it to fall through for some reason? I guess this is just things resuming.

Socerer 01

International Captain
It has been doing the rounds for months that he was likely to join City. There is an issue of a betting investigation in Brazil where apparently his family bet on him to accrue a number of yellow cards. As soon as that gets resolved, the move will be likely to go ahead.
how did he not get the ban for this lol, the facts that at that time made it very blatant that he would be caught

Chin Music

State 12th Man
how did he not get the ban for this lol, the facts that at that time made it very blatant that he would be caught
My guess is that there isn't enough direct evidence that he himself was involved. He certainly got some cheap yellow cards early in the season from my recollection.

Socerer 01

International Captain
My guess is that there isn't enough direct evidence that he himself was involved. He certainly got some cheap yellow cards early in the season from my recollection.
i remember seeing one yellow card that he got which was very very blatant, will try to see when it was. could have been against Aston Villa or Newcastle from what i remember