• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2023/24

Chin Music

State 12th Man
Ademola Lookman! Scammacca, has been brilliant for Atalanta. Nearly everyone I know feels it was more that he was scandalously misused by Moyes at West Ham.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Has to be a much bigger ban than Toney surely?
Yeah, basically spot-fixing his own games. Almost certainly a very long ban, if not a permanent one, I'd imagine.

Reminds me of the Mohammed Amir no ball debacle, though this is probably actually way more serious.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
That lardo Sutton reserve keeper who necked a pie on the bench in their FA Cup tie against us only got a token slap on the wrist, tbf.

And that was blatant AF. One of Paddy Power's uncomedy bets, wasn't it?

Socerer 01

International Captain
That lardo Sutton reserve keeper who necked a pie on the bench in their FA Cup tie against us only got a token slap on the wrist, tbf.

And that was blatant AF. One of Paddy Power's uncomedy bets, wasn't it?
did that have any impact on a match?

Paqueta’s yellow card shenanigans are the equivalent of Amir bowling no balls in 2010 blatantly, it is spot fixing like already

Yeah he's in deep deep trouble. That'll be his Man City deal dead in the water too.
no surprise that Man City pulled out of the deal last year, im also surprised they allowed him to play this season because i remembered the case looking bad for Paqueta even back then

Chin Music

State 12th Man
Yeah he's in deep deep trouble. That'll be his Man City deal dead in the water too.
I made a comment to guys I know that this was very much the equivalent of the Pakistan spot fixing ban. I am guessing the issue of criminal proceedings is dependent on where they could actually initiate them, i.e. here or Brazil. The Pakistan case was one where that reporter arranged the bet with the players concerned.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I don’t think they could prove this one to the level required by a criminal court. With Amir and co there was video evidence of them agreeing to it.

Chin Music

State 12th Man
I don’t think they could prove this one to the level required by a criminal court. With Amir and co there was video evidence of them agreeing to it.
I think that's a significant difference. It is the betting patterns that seem to be the biggest issue. Apparently, the nickname that he uses (Paqueta) is based on that. Apparently, his real name is Lucas Tolentino Coelho de Lima.

Re Portuguese/Brazilian names, it is always fun to wind up CR7 fanboys by saying their man is only the third most talented player called Ronaldo. Fatty Ronaldo, aka Ronaldo Nazario was arguably the most insanely gifted player we have seen since Maradona, but his lack of conditioning obviously stopped him winning more. The second most talented was Ronaldo de Assis Morriera, aka Ronaldinho who was just brilliant before his off-field lifestyle would cut short his career at the very top. Not saying that those two were as consistent over their career, just that they had more football ability, and IMO quite comfortably.