• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2023/24

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Fixtures are crap for me. When you have kids at university in Bristol and Sheffield you look for the games close by. Barnsley is a Tuesday night and Bristol Rovers and Cheltenham are Easter Monday and Boxing Day when the sprog will be at home. Drat.

CartyDurham

International Vice-Captain
My team Sunderland have just signed a young defender from PSV

Jenson Seelt. Hope he is a great player

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Quite the eulogy
I'll copy and paste my Reddit eulogy:

An utterly dreadful manager.

Continued on with the schoolteacher nonsense favoured by Roxburgh, couldn't handle the fact that Rangers' Scottish players were bigger names than he was, refused to pick guys like Robertson, Gough and John Brown and instead insisted on clowns like Tosh McKinlay.

His decision not to take McCoist to France 98 was the ultimate petty wee man nonsense, even at 36 there wasn't a Scottish striker who was more in form than Super.

Utterly failed to integrate and develop younger talent in Scotland (laughably didn't pick Barry Ferguson for the first round of Euro 2000 qualifiers and left him in the U21s when he was the form player in the country) and left Vogts with absolutely **** all in the way of a decent squad because he continued to pick his favourites until they were well past their best.

CartyDurham

Ally McCoist was a hero of mine in my youth

he signed for my team Sunderland from St Johnstone

this was in the days of no Internet and you heard of deals in newspapers

I was on a holiday to a caravan park near Berwick and I ran every morning to get the paper to see if Ally had signed

he eventually did but his career stalled at Sunderland but he went onto great success with Rangers, which pleased me greatly

Last edited:

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh who'd have thought he Furball didn't rate Brown over some rangers nonsense, thank **** no-one takes that League seriously.

anyway, we have rid of Jevani Browm, great footballer, terrible god-bothering, woman-beating person, so hope he and Barton get on famously, like two diseased bollocks rotting next to each other in a syphilitic stink.

We do seem to have hardly any players left, but that's about normal for us about now, ho-hum, makes for exciting times.

CartyDurham

Oh who'd have thought he Furball didn't rate Brown over some rangers nonsense, thank **** no-one takes that League seriously.

anyway, we have rid of Jevani Browm, great footballer, terrible god-bothering, woman-beating person, so hope he and Barton get on famously, like two diseased bollocks rotting next to each other in a syphilitic stink.

We do seem to have hardly any players left, but that's about normal for us about now, ho-hum, makes for exciting times.
Who is your team mate ? Exeter?

CartyDurham

Yes it is.
The one time I remember Sunderland playing Exeter was back in the late 1980s in a league cup tie over two legs

I think it was 2-2 at your ground and 5-2 at old roker park for Sunderland

I’m not sure if you have a player called Josh Kay who Sunderland were supposedly after a few seasons back. I think he was a full back