• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** English Football Season 2023/24

Socerer 01

International Captain
City’s lack of width hurting them big time

Pep has to patch up with Cancelo or make someone play as a wingback because he has become predictable

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The best thing about this is that it'll save Ten Hag's job and, in so doing , send all the idiotic Ten Hag hating pundits like Michael Owen into a complete meltdown.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Chelsea relegated to the conference league, Newcastle relegated out of Europe altogether 😄

Now for the richest cup final in World Football.

Niall

International Coach
Mc Kenna not going anywhere it seems is a good call from his POV.
Those jobs will be available in the future IMO.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Mc Kenna not going anywhere it seems is a good call from his POV.
Those jobs will be available in the future IMO.
As confirmed here.

This has to be a good thing. It was sad to read that two of the clubs promoted from the Championship looked like losing their managers.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hate ****ing Madrid, had a free bet on them to win scoring 3 goals or over, so I almost got excited in the inevitabilty, but they seemed to spend the last ten minutes with subs wasting time with cheering and bollox.

Skipper Pup

U19 Debutant
Convincing win for Real. Yet another CL in their trophy cabinet.
If only Dortmund could finish. They were the better team for 60min but always felt like Madrid were going to win once those chances were missed.

As much as I despise Madrid being an LFC fan, it's hard not to admire how well that club is run and their current players are so likeable. Fitting that they win the last season of the UCL as we know it and send off Kroos as an all-timer.

That all said, the Nacho, Vasquez, Carvajal types deserve far more credit. Might not be the most glamorous names but they're the backbone of that club and I think even Perez would admit they've been the key difference between this current model and the Galacticos of 20 years ago. Makes me reflect on when we had Milner, Henderson and Lallana as guys that set high standards and wouldn't allow egos in the dressing room.

I'm very interested to see how Mbappe fits in as he very much goes against the current ethos of what they've built.

Also as an aside, Vini Jr has to win the Balon D'Or. Don't care what anyone says he's been the best footballer on the planet for at least 12 months now.

Last edited:

Chin Music

State 12th Man
If only Dortmund could finish. They were the better team for 60min but always felt like Madrid were going to win once those chances were missed.

As much as I despise Madrid being an LFC fan, it's hard not to admire how well that club is run and their current players are so likeable. Fitting that they win the last season of the UCL as we know it and send off Kroos as an all-timer.

That all said, the Nacho, Vasquez, Carvajal types deserve far more credit. Might not be the most glamorous names but they're the backbone of that club and I think even Perez would admit they've been the key difference between this current model and the Galacticos of 20 years ago. Makes me reflect on when we had Milner, Henderson and Lallana as guys that set high standards and wouldn't allow egos in the dressing room.

I'm very interested to see how Mbappe fits in as he very much goes against the current ethos of what they've built.

Also as an aside, Vini Jr has to win the Balon D'Or. Don't care what anyone says he's been the best footballer on the planet for at least 12 months now.
Can't disagree with you on either the shape of the match or re Vini JR. I can't help feel that he is indeed the best player at the moment. It is a possibility that Mbappe might upset the balance of their team, no matter how good he is.

Skipper Pup

U19 Debutant