• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Maybe just find the Bantz between her and stelling a bit tiresome, but that's probably because I'm a miserable ****er.
Nah tbf thanks to iFollow I never ever watch soccer Saturday anymore so wouldn’t really know

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Crystal Palace's central defender Joachim Anderson must have had enough of watching his side's useless forwards failing to find the net and decided to show them how at Villa this afternoon with a neat finish. Unfortunately it was at the wrong end, as our inexorable slide towards the relegation zone continues. The casual observer might not look beyond the fact that we've spend forever in 12th position this year, but most of the sides below us have narrowed the gap by, you know, actually winning a game from time to time. The maths being that winning one and losing the other two out of every three games is more profitable than drawing two and losing the other. Our next three games are against City, Arsenal and Brighton, so the likeliest outcome is that we'll be 5th from bottom by the end of the month, having been leap-frogged by 3 or 4 of the sides below us. Thereafter, most of the remaining games are against other sides in the bottom half of the table, with any number of relegation dog fights. Against sides who do actually know how to score more than once in a blue moon. Apologies in advance if I'm even grumpier than usual by then.
Welcome to the quagmire. Here we have all the malaise and woe that you can or can't handle. Feel right at home.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Leeds United.
Good example of what I was talking about. Their win in the new manager's first game is enough to be making up ground on Palace, even though they lose most of their other games. Mind you, their next three fixtures aren't easy.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Are there any teams below Palace that you genuinely think are better than Palace? Or is it just too close for comfort this late in the season?

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Are there any teams below Palace that you genuinely think are better than Palace? Or is it just too close for comfort this late in the season?
I find it hard to answer your first question, and I tend not to look at it in those terms. A month ago I'd have probably said that Southampton and Bournemouth are definitely worse than Palace, but they've performed better recently, so it really is a tough call. If pushed, I'd say that I think that Palace are better defensively than most of them, but much weaker up front. I think they are all much of a muchness, but Palace's ineffectiveness in the final third makes us vulnerable. I suppose we'll get a better idea when Palace play most of them in April and May.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
Going to have to think about it but that was a very hard fought contest between Shaw and Bruno regarding who was the worst player on the pitch, both insanely bad in the second half. :clapping:

Wout needs binning, blah blah work rate, can't have a striker who offers so little himself.

Socerer 01

International Captain
Bruno was pathetic as captain he should be doing more than acting like a petulant rat that only whines and wastes small opportunities

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Going to have to think about it but that was a very hard fought contest between Shaw and Bruno regarding who was the worst player on the pitch, both insanely bad in the second half. :clapping:

Wout needs binning, blah blah work rate, can't have a striker who offers so little himself.
When you set up to defend and then get destroyed in midfield and are 2nd to every lose ball bad things will happen.

Kenneth Viljoen

International Debutant
United fans , remember this day ..This is your Bronx Tale moment ..Think you can just stroll into our yard like a bunch of bikers hey ..We may be down but we are still European Royalty ..We absolutely dominated you , humiliated you till you were begging us to stop , I'm sure some of you even switched off and checked out long before the final whistle ..You were talking so much **** before the game ,Eras end blah blah blah ..
No matter what you go on to achieve with Ten Hag , remember what we did to you ..7 ****ing goals in a match you thought you had a chance ?...This is Anfield ..YNWA !

anil1405

International Captain
Once in a lifetime result. Watching Man U lose is fun any day of the week, and when they lose by 7 goals against your team it's pure dreamland. Great to see Darwin and Gakpo settling down well. Icing on the cake was Firmino's goal and Bruno's sulking.

Roy Keane ripping into Man U players in Allan Border style is another highlight.

Niall

International Coach
He's coasting off the back of scoring loads of penalties in his first 12 months at United.
When he is bad he is really bad, but he has had an ok season tbf, third highest when it comes to chances created and he had a good world cup also. He and Casemiro who was also abysmal need a rest but obviously when the alternatives are so lacking that can't happen.

However despite those caveats, I don't think a team wins a league with him in the side.

Last edited:

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
When he is bad he is really bad, but he has had an ok season tbf, third highest when it comes to chances created and he had a good world cup also. He and Casemiro who was also abysmal need a rest but obviously when the alternatives are so lacking that can't happen.

However despite those caveats, I don't think a team wins a league with him in the side.
Does Gary Bumfluff still think you guys will surely finish above us?