• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Football Season 2022/23

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
80m + 10m in add one the opening bid for Dec. Not a lowball imo, think we want this done quickly

Edit: speelings

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Chelsea played him more as an out and out striker which he patently isn't. Whenever I've watched Chelsea he comes across as one who is at least putting in 100%, just being played out of position. I could see him fitting more into an Arsenal system, but not sure he's that dissimilar to Trossard.
He doesn't look like a 10 to me either. Not good enough in tight spaces and his passing isn't anything special. Odegaard is as good an example as any of what he lacks. Clearly not a winger either.

I don't think he's a bad player but he's got a weird set of attributes. His reputation originally came from excelling in a fairly specific role at Leverkusen where he kept arriving in the box at the perfect time. Sort of like a more technical, less physical Dele Alli. I think he might be a Xhaka replacement, but they'd need to improve his defending a lot. He lacks a bit of bite.

flibbertyjibber

Because Chelsea don't use him properly.

He would be competition/rotation for Martinelli or Saka.
They certainly need a quality back up for them, they looked woeful when they got tired at the end of the season as they had played so many games. Problems of a small squad compared to City. They sign the players mentioned and it goes a long way to giving them the depth they need.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
How long does Barnes have left? Maddison only one year but so does Mason Mount and £40m being bandied about there. Maddison the more valuable player surely?

Last edited:

Uppercut

I’d have said they’re about the same but I have an unusually low opinion of Maddison. Mount is more of a team player.

I really don’t love 40m for either.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Looks like we've abandoned the Caicedo pursuit in favour of getting Rice and Kai. Clear path for Chelsea now

KinPer

Cricket Spectator
They certainly need a quality back up for them, they looked woeful when they got tired at the end of the season as they had played so many games. Problems of a small squad compared to City. They sign the players mentioned and it goes a long way to giving them the depth they need.
Do you think it's because they're tired? I think for their money, they have no right to be tired. I think they were more disappointed by their defeats. If there had been wins, they would have felt inspired.