• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Just woke up from a horrible dream in which Arsenal re-signed Denilson and brought Steve McManaman out of retirement to do a job in midfield
Last night I dreamt Arsenal signed Kai Havertz, and the 26 y/o versions of Koscielny and Ramsay. Oh baby.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

This was posted on reddit and it's pretty damning. Our owners have spent but they've done it awfully.

Niall

International Coach
Jail? Seriously?

Sorry I am awful at banter ?️‍♂ .

I can't find the tweet but this does seem very much over the top for a lad when he was 14. Maybe if he posted whatever it was when he was an adult then I would have a less tolerant view but something very bleak about this.

I mean who the hell went back through his social media feed to find this stuff? An ex, a pissed off gambler, some bored journo? The whole case is desolation personified.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah going after someone for what they said when they were 14 feels very gross to me. Most teenagers has said dumb **** on the internet at some point.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Yeah going after someone for what they said when they were 14 feels very gross to me. Most teenagers has said dumb **** on the internet at some point.
This feels…you know what never mind

up the whites

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Given how **** the squad is and how illiquid the market was, this shouldn't be a surprise.
Yeah do think its worth noting that we've mostly sold players who are good if not seen as good enough for Chelsea and young so with potential. The players Arsenal could sell of that ilk are the ones they don't want to sell as they are relying on those young players. Maybe you could get a good fee for Saliba but I'm not sure that would encourage Arsenal fans too much.

Do think managing the sales are pretty tough at Arsenal - Champions League wages but not Champions League quality - if you sell all the deadwood you are probably having to cover the wages of some of your players which is used to beat the board with. Don't sell them and you are where you are now. If you are a side across Europe you can pay as much if not less money for a player with far more potential, similar if not better quality in some cases and not having to pay PL wages when you don't get PL TV money.

Looking at us we still have players like Bakayoko, Kenedy, Batshuayi, Baba Rahman who are out on loan this season. That also means new contracts in some instances to prevent loans from turning to frees at the end of the season.

Uppercut

Arsenal could have got 20-30m for Wilshere at one point. Think there was a bit of institutionalised regret aversion. Anyone who had any chance of ever being good was held on to until they were worthless.

Uppercut

At United I think Woodward just couldn’t be bothered to negotiate sales, and refused to hire someone who would because he liked the power.

Lillian Thomson

Hall of Fame Member
In real news, I didn't watch Soccer Saturday on Sky yesterday as there was only a couple of League One matches taking place and a near full League Two programme. Apparently our boss Ryan Lowe was on the panel watching a match.

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Happy enough for it to stay.

I would really hate to lose 3pm games from the Premier League.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Consensus among Prem fans I know is no simultaneous games (or very few) really sucked.

I’m not sure what impact removing it would actually have, most people who are against it seem to be the ones who would never step into a ground anyway. But I could be wrong and I know for certain that if I wasn’t able to go a TRFC game but I could watch it, going to another game wouldn’t cross my mind.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Consensus among Prem fans I know is no simultaneous games (or very few) really sucked.
My interest in the Premier League was mostly from a Fantasy Premier League perspective, and I ****ing hated spreading the games 1 at a time over the weekend.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Considering taking in Stranraer V Forfar next month when I’m up north. What standard can I expect relative to English football if I do?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Haha I’m semi serious though. Been saying it for years. I probably formulated the idea after my second or third visit but have never got round to it. Think Stranraer were away in 2018. In 2019 I was under medical advice to not attend football matches and obviously last year speaks for itself.

saying that I remember you telling me how bad it was when Rangers were down there. Probably hard for you to compare but remembering I watched the conference for three years, is it that sort of standard?