• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official English Football Season 2021/22***

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The problem is they've presumably realised that unless a new RB is found he's the best they've got. Bellerin is gone and the last few games have shown (for the millionth time) that Cedric and Chambers are absolutely ****house, not that this was news to anyone outside Arsenal. ffs
Yeah but telling him he is not training with the first team (if it has happened) means Arteta has no intention of using him anyway.

Could he do an Odemwinghe and drive to Everton to try and force a move? :laugh:

That and the fan shoving a dildo in the reporters ear remain the funniest moments on deadline day.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
So people on reddit saying Tomiyasu is more of a right sided CB than an out and out full-back? It'd be funny if it wasn't happening to us

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Stop moaning, my lot have 4 keepers, no right back, 3 left backs and only 3 central midfielders and supposedly aren't signing anyone.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Punishment for acting the **** a couple of years ago when he refused to play right back.
I thought he just said he preferred to play in midfield? Perhaps I've got that wrong.

But it seems like it's a move that doesn't really benefit anyone. You have a player as a 4th choice right-back (Cedric, Chambers, Bellerin ahead of him), 3rd choice now Bellerin is out on loan - he says he wants to go where he's wanted and will play - you then make him train alone. It probably doesn't make him feel any more wanted.

You can take the hardline approach of tough, you are under contract but he has one year left on his deal next summer. Arteta is in a lose-lose situation. Play Maitland-Niles now and you are playing a player who perhaps is unhappy after action to isolate him from the team. - it doesn't help his chances of performing at his optimum. If he does well the question will be why didn't play sooner I imagine. You also back yourself into a corner in negotiations as he can dictate terms somewhat with 1 year left on his deal. If he doesn't play you have a player with 1 year left who you either let go on a free or sell for a fraction of the £20million you rejected last season.

Unless there is a genuine intention to play him semi-regularly, which would represent a massive change of heart from Arteta judging from afar, sanctioning a loan move on the proviso of a 1-year extension on the same terms as now doesn't seem a crazy move. Chelsea have adopted a similar strategy when it comes to some of their outgoing loans this summer.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Just woke up from a horrible dream in which Arsenal re-signed Denilson and brought Steve McManaman out of retirement to do a job in midfield

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
The masters of sales though are Liverpool, Coutinho £142m, Ibe £15m, Brewster £20m+ and Solanke £20m. There are others but to get the fees they did for them was incredible.
Chelsea too - they seem to be able to get consistently big money for players who they don't even pretend they want to keep hold of.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Dan James going to Leeds for £30m got me thinking about the last time we got a good deal on a sale. You have to go back at least 15 years to when we got 14m euro for Van Nistelrooy, which I think of as a clever sale but not everyone would agree. You could say we got a good deal on Beckham, but we missed him badly for a few years after he left. Before that it's the 90s. We must be the worst club in the world at selling players.
We got £13.5m (potentially £18m with add-ons) for Smalling, and getting most of our money back for both Schneiderlin and Depay was a good result given they didn't work out at all. But yeah, it's slim pickings.