• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** English Football Season 2020-21

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
In some ways the bigger problem for United is that so many other clubs are really moving forward.

City and Liverpool were realistically too far ahead for us to catch. Chelsea have seriously tuned up their squad, so I'll be amazed if we finish above them again.

Then the Spurs squad looks in great shape now, especially if the signings from last year really settle in. Leicester have had it together for a good while now, and Everton look excellent. I'm not convinced Arsenal are top four contenders but they'll surely be better than last year. The likes of West Ham, Villa and Leeds look a lot better than us, and though that won't last for all of them, one or two might keep it up. Maybe my pessimism is reaching self-parody levels but I don't think it's unrealistic that we could finish 9th or 10th.

Uppercut

Can't wait for all the pundits to blame it on Pogba too.
Pogba's a disaster. When he put his hands up to block that shot against West Ham it proved beyond any doubt that Souness was right all along afaic.

I've been fairly centrist on him for most of his time here but TBH I can't wait for him to leave. Not moving him on last summer was yet another dire bit of squad mismanagement.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Pogba's a disaster. When he put his hands up to block that shot against West Ham it proved beyond any doubt that Souness was right all along afaic.

I've been fairly centrist on him for most of his time here but TBH I can't wait for him to leave. Not moving him on last summer was yet another dire bit of squad mismanagement.
Haha I was being facetious really, but I imagine he'd get the blame even if individually he played a blinder every game this season.

Spark

Global Moderator

Haha I absolutely love this turn of phrase in this context.

JOJOXI

International Vice-Captain
Question - how much would you want for Pogba - I cannot imagine Utd getting much if they actively try to sell him and for that I think the Utd board are in a tough position. Which club will bid 60mil+ for him over the next 12 months or so - and with Covid who will pay his wages? If they sell him for £30mil, I guarantee some of the Utd fans saying he is a waste of space now, will be bemoaning selling him and not replacing him down the line. Not dissimilar to Lukaku was ridiculed by many and suddenly its this huge problem they haven't replaced him.

Would love to see it but I don't think you'll get 9th or 10th, I suspect you'll be in the hunt for top 4 and there will be a couple of points in it. Don't think West Ham or Villa will be anywhere near this race and whilst I think Leeds will have a good season I think a Europa League finish is their best bet. Everton look a force though if they can avoid key injuries, especially with no European football.

Uppercut

IIRC Pogba’s out of contract next summer. My guess is that Real Madrid will take him on a free.

Niall

International Coach
Ed Wood loves him for the marketing so not sure how many could get him on the cheap. Realistically only could see Real if Zidane still love him along with maybe PSG coming for him. Pogba however has put the word out he would not mind a contract extension so you'd assume their is not many options for him and United are stupid enough to give him one with demented wages for another 4 years.

If that happens, its possible he could be the worst United signing ever, Veron dropped some bangers in time and Sanchez ****ed off quickly, Pogba if contract extension when its all over may have spent lets say 7 years constantly dropping 5 out of ten performances and getting paid handsomely for it. :laugh:

Niall

International Coach
IIRC Pogba’s out of contract next summer. My guess is that Real Madrid will take him on a free.

You seriously think Woody doesn't offer him a 4 year extension on loony wages?

Who's going to spray ***y passes when Utd are 3-0 up against Burnley?

Uppercut

I wouldn’t have expected Pogba to be interested, but if you’ve heard otherwise then yeah, maybe that’s what will happen.

Niall

International Coach
Maybe ,,,but depends on what his priority is right now,,,if and Raiola decide they want a monster contract from Utd they will get it as Woodward is an absolute ****ing idiot.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
You seriously think Woody doesn't offer him a 4 year extension on loony wages?

Who's going to spray ***y passes when Utd are 3-0 up against Burnley?
Depends if they've learned from the mistakes made giving the likes of Jones and Rojo insane contracts to protect their transfer value whilst not working out that they can't be transferred due to their stupid wages.

flibbertyjibber

Matt Millar will be a decent pick up for you, played predominantly RB, but wouldn't be surprised to see him higher up the pitch on the right side, very attacking. I thought he really stood out for the Jets (although admittedly they're not much to write home about)
Thanks, we won in mickey mouse cup tonight and he came on as sub. Be interesting to see him in a few weeks time.

grecian

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thanks, we won in mickey mouse cup tonight and he came on as sub. Be interesting to see him in a few weeks time.
It is a micky mouse cup, but considering the prize money is quite good, and there's precious little revenue streams, it's good to win some matches in.

Also gives a chance for our youngsters, last year we should have beaten Portsmouth to go to Wembley (a match they still haven't played BTW), three youngsters scored last night in beating jammy Swindon, so I don't hate the comp anymore, the hated u21 aspect is why we get 10k a win.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm still boycotting the under 21 matches on iFollow but might as well see us win the rest.

flibbertyjibber

So you Gooners, what is Iliev your keeper like? Joined my shower on loan as the keeper we got from Wolves on loan stuffed his hammy and is out for 3 months.